EVS – Housekeeper III
PURPOSE OF THIS POSITION The purpose of this position is to process instruments and equipment through general cleaning and disinfection as...
Job Views ( 17 )
Findlay, OhioHancock County
PURPOSE OF THIS POSITION
The purpose of this position is to process instruments and equipment through general cleaning and disinfection as may be instructed by supervisor of Environmental Services. Complies with federal, state, local standards, and follows guidelines according to manufacturer’s recommendations regarding equipment and instruments. Provides a service friendly and organized clean physical environment.
* Duty 1: Demonstrates knowledge of standard in the disinfection, cleaning of instruments and equipment provided throughout the department.
* Duty 2: Promotes clean and safe working environment through recommended transport and disposal of biohazard items. Uses appropriate isolation techniques and complies with current standard precautions in handling infected material.
* Duty 3 : Moves furniture, equipment, and supplies in a safe and responsible manner utilizing good body mechanics.
* Duty 4: Assist with room preparation addressing patient needs and safety.
* Duty 5: Responsible for general upkeep of areas to provide a safe, clean, and organized environment for patients.
* Must be able to read, write, and speak English in order to follow oral and written directions and document completion or status of assignment;
* Able to understand the operation of equipment and machinery;
* Positive service-oriented interpersonal and communication skills required.
* A valid driver’s license is required (if you do not have a valid Ohio driver’s license you must obtain one within one year of your residency in the state) and you must also meet BVHS’s company fleet policy requirements
* High school education or equivalent
* Environmental Services experience preferred
* Knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, and Office preferred
This position requires a full range of body motion walking, lifting, bending, climbing, and standing. Must be able to lift, push, pull and move furniture, equipment, supplies and handle infectious/hazardous waste materials in a safe manner. The individual associate must be able to lift fifty pounds and reach work above the shoulders. The associate must be able to use hands to push and pull, operate equipment. This position requires reaching above shoulders. This position requires corrected vision and hearing in normal range. Also requires exposure to hot and cold environment.
This position is classified “at risk” for possible occupational exposure to blood borne pathogens (HBV, HIV, etc.)
View Job at OMJ
17 total views
We are proud to offer priority of services to U.S. Military Veterans and eligible spouses.
OhioMeansJobs and Economic Development Partner Develop Resources to Help Employers Find Skilled Workers
OhioMeansJobs Hancock is partnering with Findlay-Hancock County Economic Development to help employers find skilled workers for their job openings.
OhioMeansJobs- Hancock offers several free business development resources designed to help