Executive Assistant to the Vice President for University Advancement
Position Summary Serving as Executive Assistant to the Vice President for University Advancement (Executive Assistant to VPUA) and reporting directly to...
Job Views ( 11 )
Bowling Green, OhioWood County
Serving as Executive Assistant to the Vice President for University Advancement (Executive Assistant to VPUA) and reporting directly to the Vice President, this position provides high-level administrative support, project management, budget and vendor contract documentation and oversight, and staff recruitment support for the Vice President and the University Advancement Division. Assists the Vice President in implementing action to advance BGSU initiatives and major projects, and monitors and ensures progress in response to directives and requests from the President and key BGSU constituents.
Essential Duties, Tasks and Responsibilities
- Primary administrative support for the Vice President for University Advancement (VPUA). Responsibilities include, but are not limited to: proactively facilitating, tracking, coordinating and drafting correspondence, inquiries and meeting requests, as well as meeting and presentation material; managing the VP’s calendar and schedule; recording and tracking VPUA meeting notes into University Advancement (UA) and BGSU systems; managing hard copy and electronic files and records; proofing and editing materials provided by UA staff for VPUA, BGSU President and leadership review and/or signature; facilitating and coordinating travel arrangements, constituent and donor visits and appointments and related expense reports; facilitating and tracking Human Resource matters and vendor contracts; and managing and implementing special projects, as requested by VPUA.
- Budget Administrator. Serve as budget administrator for the University Advancement Division, recording, preparing, maintaining and monitoring budget, expenditures, goals and objectives – in collaboration with the VPUA and Foundation Accounting. On a monthly schedule, collaborate reporting and reconciliation of related Foundation funds with UA staff managers. Review, track, reconcile, and analyze financial expenditures, disbursements and contracts of the UA Division in BGSU systems including, but not limited to, FMS, Chrome River, Falcon’s Purch and Payment Works. Maintain division contracts, prepare and track blanket purchase orders, and facilitate payments in a timely manner to contracted service vendors.
- University Advancement staff support. Serve as staff point of contact for UA policies, procedures and guidelines. With input and direction from the VPUA, oversee and implement weekly Senior Staff meetings, monthly UA divisional meetings, bi-annual UA planning sessions, and special gatherings. For these meetings, coordinate event logistics, prepare presentations, material and/or talking points for VP and briefing materials for guest presenters. Support and track staff training for BGSU processes including, but not limited to, Falcons Purch, Chrome River, Independent Contractor Agreements and Adobe Sign. Coordinate educational trainings and track staff participation in required trainings provided by BGSU HR, professional development opportunities offered by BGSU and other organizations, such as CASE, EAB, Academic Impressions and Blackbaud. Provide guidance and support to UA staff regarding BGSU and UA Division policies and procedures.
- Human Resources liaison. Serve as liaison to Human Resources for University Advancement staff regarding job searches – tracking position descriptions, approval, posting, onboarding process; offboarding for all UA staff – initiate and coordinate completion of process; staff contracts for new hires and addendums for current staff; coordinate UA staff performance evaluation schedule, ensuring HR submission deadlines are met. Also serve as back-up for reporting of UA staff time.
Full-time, Administrative staff position available. Administrative Grade Level 355. Salary is commensurate with education and experience. Full benefit package available.
Bowling Green State University provides a comprehensive benefit program as part of a total compensation package. This includes medical, prescription, dental, vision, health accounts (medical & dependent), life & disability insurance, retirement plans, employee assistance program and tuition fee waivers for employees and their eligible dependents as well as paid time off, holidays and parental leave. For more information please visit Benefits-at-a-Glance.
Deadline to apply: The search committee will review applications until the position is filled; however, for best consideration, applications should be provided by November 17, 2022.
For a complete job description & to apply for this position visit https://bgsu.hiretouch.com/ or contact the Office of Human Resources at (419) 372-8421. BGSU. AA/EEO/Disabilities/Veterans. In compliance with the ADA Amendments Act (ADAAA), if you have a disability and would like to request an accommodation in order to apply for a position with Bowling Green State University, please call 419-372-8421.
Why work at BGSU?
Full-time BGSU employees enjoy an array of exceptional benefits, including:
- Quality, affordable health insurance: Various coverage options available for health, vision and dental starting the first day of the month following your date of employment.
- Generous paid time off: Vacation, holidays, sick days and more.
- Excellent work life balance resources: Our Employee Assistance Program offers confidential support to employees and their eligible family members, along with ancillary programs covering identity theft, elder care, legal services and more.
- Tuition fee waivers: For eligible employees, spouses and dependent children.
- Professional development opportunities: For skills training, supervisor and leadership programs, performance management, online courses and online tools for employee growth and development.
- Parental leave: Up to five weeks of paid parental leave for full-time employees with at least 12 months of continuous service.
- Retirement: BGSU offers several options for meeting your retirement goals with a current employer contribution of up to 14% depending on the retirement program selected. Read more about the option that best fits your needs.
Learn more about Bowling Green State University and how we aspire to be the preeminent public university that creates public good in Ohio, the nation and world.
Knowledge, Skills or Abilities
- MS Office Suite (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Excellent communication skills- written and verbal.
- Ability to learn and use technology databases and platforms.
- Must be detail-oriented, able to exercise independent judgment and maintain confidentiality, and have effective critical-thinking and interpersonal skills.
Bachelor’s degree is required. Bachelor’s degree in English, Communications, Business, or related discipline preferred. Degree must be conferred at the time of application.
The following experience is required:
- Three years providing administrative support for a business executive, including calendar scheduling, document preparation and/or budget management.
View Job at OMJ
11 total views
We are proud to offer priority of services to U.S. Military Veterans and eligible spouses.
OhioMeansJobs and Economic Development Partner Develop Resources to Help Employers Find Skilled Workers
OhioMeansJobs Hancock is partnering with Findlay-Hancock County Economic Development to help employers find skilled workers for their job openings.
OhioMeansJobs- Hancock offers several free business development resources designed to help