Exploring Agriculture Agronomy Operations Intern – Legacy Farmer’s Cooperative
The FS brand represents a standard of excellence for agricultural and energy-related products. It’s the people who represent the FS...
Job Views ( 8 )
Custar, OhioWood County
The FS brand represents a standard of excellence for agricultural and energy-related products. It’s the people who represent the FS brand that set it apart. As local cooperatives, FS Companies believe it is their responsibility to ensure that our earth, our communities, and businesses perform together, sustainably.FS Companies are committed to ensuring the continued profitability for the company, their owners, and their customers, while enacting to help the environment and greater good.
PURPOSE AND SUMMARY STATEMENT
Serves as the Agronomy/Grain Operations intern under the direction of location management, trains and assists with general functions to learn the foundation of the system and industry prepare for future career.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
* Hands-on experience in agronomy field and operations.
* Grain grading and introduction to grain marketing
* Assist with facility and equipment maintenance and repair.
* Visit FS locations and customers building professional relationships.
* Operate field research and crop monitoring equipment and technology for scouting.
* Apply crop nutrition and crop protection products.
* Gain understanding and experience with ordering, receiving, and inventory control.
OTHER JOB FUNCTIONS
* Follows GROWMARK’s Code of Conduct and Corporate Compliance Program, Environmental Health and Safety, OSHA and DOT policies and procedures, as they apply.
* Performs all other duties as assigned.
FS. Bringing You What’s Next.
We are an equal opportunity employer, including protected veterans and qualified individuals with disabilities.
* Must be pursuing a degree or certification from a community college, technical college or university and in good academic standing at time the internship begins.
* Must have ability to obtain a CDL and commercials applicator’s license with required endorsements, a satisfactory driving record, and valid medical card.
* Demonstrates ability to work independently.
* Demonstrates essential abilities including communication, customer focus, decision making, and skill development.
* Must have and maintain a valid driver’s license and satisfactory driving record.
* Must be able to travel independently and overnight when necessary.
* Frequently required to lift 51-70 pounds as needed.
* Frequently exposed and required to work in extreme weather conditions (heat, cold, wet, etc.), as well as working at various heights or elevated platforms.
* Ability and willingness to participate in required training that may include education on GROWMARK’s policies and procedures and additional training as it relates to the requirements of the position.
View Job at OMJ
8 total views
We are proud to offer priority of services to U.S. Military Veterans and eligible spouses.
OhioMeansJobs and Economic Development Partner Develop Resources to Help Employers Find Skilled Workers
OhioMeansJobs Hancock is partnering with Findlay-Hancock County Economic Development to help employers find skilled workers for their job openings.
OhioMeansJobs- Hancock offers several free business development resources designed to help