Job Description Valfilm is a Brazilian company seeking an FACILITIES TECHNICIAN for its USA branch in Findlay, OH. This role supports...
Job Views ( 21 )
Findlay, OhioHancock County
Under direction and in collaboration with Maintenance Supervisor will maintain maintenance activities and improvements of facilities with special focus on general site work (may also assist with projects within production departments).
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Maintains and supports facility’s HVAC systems
- Partners with external entities such as lawn/snow care, outside contractors, city representatives, cleaning companies, local inspection agencies, suppliers, etc.
- Conducts contractor orientation and supports visiting contractors for capital projects/installations
- Partner with EH&S department to conduct regular maintenance and inspection of fire extinguishers, fire pumps, alarms, hoists, forklifts, etc.
- Conducts regular maintenance & PMs of equipment such as overhead doors, chillers, air compressors, etc. (permits to be issued by production departments)
- Conducts non-production site maintenance and repair such as floor care, building repairs/improvements, and preventive maintenance including doors, roofs, windows, restrooms, offices, and building exterior
- Assists with activity directions of maintenance utility worker
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is frequently exposed to moving mechanical parts. The employee is occasionally exposed to outside weather conditions and risk of electrical shock. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
- Education and/or Experience: High School diploma/GED and technical education/certification with 1-3 years of experience in facility maintenance; 2+ years HVAC maintenance experience strongly preferred; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Language Skills: Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
- Mathematical Skills: Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
- Reasoning Ability: Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Computer Skills: To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Plex or other ERP Manufacturing software and utilize Microsoft Office tools to track/complete projects and develop necessary tools.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is frequently required to stand; walk and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
View Job at OMJ
21 total views
We are proud to offer priority of services to U.S. Military Veterans and eligible spouses.
OhioMeansJobs and Economic Development Partner Develop Resources to Help Employers Find Skilled Workers
OhioMeansJobs Hancock is partnering with Findlay-Hancock County Economic Development to help employers find skilled workers for their job openings.
OhioMeansJobs- Hancock offers several free business development resources designed to help