Financial Assistance Caseworker
The Seneca County Department of Job and Family Services is seeking to an opening for a Financial Assistance Caseworker to interview public assistance applicants...
Job Views ( 46 )
Tiffin, OhioOther County
The Seneca County Department of Job and Family Services is seeking to an opening for a Financial Assistance Caseworker to interview public assistance applicants to determine eligibility for agency programs and services.
This position offers LIFE and WORK BALANCE!
- Flexible Schedule — employees have flexible full time hours to meet needs of families
- Bonuses are available for workers who meet sick leave usage levels
- 2 weeks’ vacation after the first year.
- 11 ½ paid holidays
- 4 personal days per year after the first year (pro-rated the first year)
- Begin accumulating sick leave hours on the first day of work
- Medical insurance coverage available
- Life insurance coverage
- Optional supplemental insurance
- Optional wellness plan
- On site wellness center
- Tuition reimbursement – the agency may assist you to further your education (including graduate degrees) to increase skills in your job
- Public Employees Retirement System (PERS)
- Greets, assists and interviews applicants and recipients
- Conducts phone interviews
- Determines initial eligibility for public assistance programs: Medicaid, SNAP, OWF, and any other applicable programs
- Approves and/or denies applications
- Redetermines eligibility
- Calculates and prepares financial budgets
- Typing/Word Processing
- Computer operation
- Public speaking
- Conduct Interviews
- Resolve Problems
- Complete routine forms
- Gather and document data
- Professionally represent the agency
- Maintain confidentiality
- Maintain accurate records
- Maintain effective working relationship with supervisor and co-workers
**A FULL POSITION DESCRIPTION IS AVAILABLE UPON REQUEST
TO APPLY: Interested applicants should submit a resume and cover letter outlining how the qualifications for this position are met to Ginger Mack, Clerical Specialist 4/HR at 900 E. CR 20, Tiffin
HIRING REQUIREMENTS: High School Diploma or GED
- Twelve months as financial assistance technician or course work in behavioral science, social science, education or
- One course or six months experience in interviewing or
- One course or six months in typing, word processing or business math
View Job at OMJ
46 total views
We are proud to offer priority of services to U.S. Military Veterans and eligible spouses.
OhioMeansJobs and Economic Development Partner Develop Resources to Help Employers Find Skilled Workers
OhioMeansJobs Hancock is partnering with Findlay-Hancock County Economic Development to help employers find skilled workers for their job openings.
OhioMeansJobs- Hancock offers several free business development resources designed to help