Fleet Safety Coordinator
Fleet Safety Coordinator Come join our family at Mennel Milling, a 130 year old industry leader who is searching for our...
Job Views ( 12 )
Fostoria, OhioOther County
Fleet Safety Coordinator
Come join our family at Mennel Milling, a 130 year old industry leader who is searching for our leaders of tomorrow. We’d love to talk with you about our progressive company and how you could fit into Team Mennel. Give us a call today!
Competitive pay and benefits. Must pass substance abuse testing, post-offer physical evaluation and background check. See job description listed below. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
SUMMARY: The purpose of this position is to develop/train/instruct new and current drivers, maintain responsibility for DOT compliance and motor carrier safety functions in accordance with Federal, State and local regulations as well as best management practices. This position will sustain the Mission and Motto and Food Safety and Quality Statement of the Mennel Milling Company.
- Assist HR with the recruitment and hiring of truck drivers.
- Develop, maintain and implement driver education program to develop new CDL drivers as well as enhance skills of experienced drivers.
- Identify, select, and continually develop driver trainers.
- Completes audit functions including verifying, sampling, reviewing, confirming, and reporting in such areas as D.O.T compliance at all Mennel facilities.
- Develops and administers policies/programs to promote safe and healthy working conditions.
- Responsible for effective completion of incident investigations including corrective action follow-up and implementation.
- Collaborates with Human Resources to maintain drug and alcohol testing program and provides training for reasonable suspicion for Transportation management.
- Responsible for implementing, monitoring and ensuring compliance with appropriate Fleet Safety and DOT standards.
- Responsible for overall management of fleet safety systems (e.g. ELD/In-cab cameras/etc.) both software and hardware.
- Collaborates with Insurance carriers to monitor incident assessments, costs and follow up on damage responsibilities.
- Interprets and implements Corporate Safety and Security policies and procedures.
- Acts as Company Representative for Transportation related matters to address Regulatory/Compliance/Legal issues as they arise.
- Assist with driver recruitment, selection and on-boarding.
- Other duties may be assigned.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: This position has no supervisory duties.
- A minimum of a High School Diploma or equivalent required. A bachelor’s degree in business or related field preferred.
- A minimum of 5 years’ (10+ preferred) experience in a transportation role.
- Class A CDL License.
- Ability to pass a post offer DOT physical and drug screen.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Management or Supervisory experience with on-board computers, TMS systems, or other equivalent fleet tools. Experience with PeopleNet a plus.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Knowledgeable of Department of Transportation and Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration regulations and requirements.
- Ability to travel up to 10-20% of the year.
LANGUAGE SKILLS: Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, memos, procedures, and plans. Ability to write, complete checklists and other basic documentation and correspondence. Ability to effectively present information or data in one-on-one and small group situations to co-workers, supervisors, and managers.
MATHEMATICAL SKILLS: Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
REASONING ABILITY: Must use solid judgment when making decisions. Must have ability to quickly recognize and plan for changing work duties and events.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job:
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to perform maintenance tasks, reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, twist, crouch, or crawl, and talk or hear. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds or more. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to conditions that are typical to a fast- paced manufacturing environment, including: moving equipment and machinery, dusty, hot/humid, and cold conditions; employee must be willing to work in all weather conditions, at heights, and in the presence of airborne particles. The noise level in the work environment usually requires the use of hearing protection. Work involves exposure to common wheat allergens.
TO APPLY: www.mennel.com/careers
View Job at OMJ
12 total views
We are proud to offer priority of services to U.S. Military Veterans and eligible spouses.
OhioMeansJobs and Economic Development Partner Develop Resources to Help Employers Find Skilled Workers
OhioMeansJobs Hancock is partnering with Findlay-Hancock County Economic Development to help employers find skilled workers for their job openings.
OhioMeansJobs- Hancock offers several free business development resources designed to help