Forklift Operator – Production
Job Description Summary of Responsibilities: To support manufacturing through material handling, and by organizing shipping, storage and production...
Job Views ( 42 )
Bowling Green, OhioWood County
Summary of Responsibilities:
To support manufacturing through material handling, and by organizing shipping, storage and production areas to exceed plan housekeeping goals.
- Operate fork lift vehicles in safe and efficient manner
- Move containers of completed goods, parts, components, containers of in process parts, metal coils and other goods
- Ensure dumpsters, baskets, racks and boxes are always available
- Keep fork lifts maintained, fueled and in good working condition
- Conduct and document forklift inspection prior to use
- Place finish goods in storage area and pre-stage loads prior to shipment
- Appropriately and safely load and unload trailers – always ensuring dock locks are in operational and truck and trailer wheels are chocked
- Complete correspondence (including but not limited to scanning of loads in and out of inventory to maintain accurate inventory of finished goods), forms, tags and reports, as required
- Dump all trash bins at end of shift
- Conduct shift carry over with other drivers
- Attend training as required
- Encourage safety and housekeeping practices and lead by example
- Read, follow and become familiar with all details and instructions as required
- Promote and facilitate Open Door process, effective communication and Fair Treatment
- Participate in Continual Improvement activities
- Adhere to customer requirements, Business Operating System and company policies
- Perform other duties as assigned
Team Member Health & Safety Responsibilities
- Understand your responsibility for health, safety and environmental in the workplace
- Cooperate with OSHA/State OSHA inspectors
- Wear the appropriate personal protective equipment
- Follow all safety rules
- Report unsafe conditions immediately
- Report injuries, accidents, illnesses, near misses, property damage immediately
- Will not remove or make ineffective any protective device such as a guard, light curtain, etc
- Will not use or operate any machine or equipment that the team member is not trained to operate
- Will not use or operate any machine or equipment in a manner that may endanger any team member including themselves
Education and Experience
- High school diploma, GED or equivalent experience preferred
- Past Forklift Experience Required
- Work Environment
- The work environment is manufacturing plant.
- The individual must be able to perform all essential functions as appropriate on the plant floor, in meetings, and with Team Members, management, customers and suppliers.
- Overtime as required
- Able to demonstrate understanding of how job performance affects product quality and customer satisfaction
- Able to prepare, read and interpret written reports, instructions, procedures and guidelines
- Able to effectively present information and respond to questions from management, Team Members, suppliers and customers
- Able to maintain confidentiality, and use discretion and tact
- Able to manage and schedule multiple priorities and meet deadlines
- Able to work flexible hours and work overtime
- Able to pass tow motor license test and operate tow motor
- Self motivated and “can do” attitude
- The work environment is primarily manufacturing plant and is characterized by temperature extremes; loud noise and considerable tow motor traffic.
- The individual must be able to perform all essential functions as appropriate on the plant floor, in meetings, and with employees, management, customers and suppliers.
- Job responsibilities include heavy lifting (75 pounds), working at heights of 40 to 60 feet and in confined spaces
- Overtime is required
View Job at OMJ
42 total views
We are proud to offer priority of services to U.S. Military Veterans and eligible spouses.
OhioMeansJobs and Economic Development Partner Develop Resources to Help Employers Find Skilled Workers
OhioMeansJobs Hancock is partnering with Findlay-Hancock County Economic Development to help employers find skilled workers for their job openings.
OhioMeansJobs- Hancock offers several free business development resources designed to help