The Seneca County Department of Job and Family Services is seeking to fill an opening for a Fraud Investigator to review and...
Job Views ( 20 )
Tiffin, OhioOther County
The Seneca County Department of Job and Family Services is seeking to fill an opening for a Fraud Investigator to review and respond to Income Eligibility Verification System matches (IEVs) and other computer generated alerts. The investigator also determines if overpayment/over issuance has occurred and calculates overpayment/over issuance for benefit recovery.
This position offers LIFE and WORK BALANCE!
- Flexible Schedule — employees have flexible full time hours to meet needs of families
- Bonuses are available for workers who meet sick leave usage levels
- 2 weeks’ vacation after the first year.
- 11 ½ paid holidays
- 4 personal days per year after the first year (pro-rated the first year)
- Begin accumulating sick leave hours on the first day of work
- Medical insurance coverage available
- Life insurance coverage
- Optional supplemental insurance
- Optional wellness plan
- On site wellness center
- Tuition reimbursement – the agency may assist you to further your education (including graduate degrees) to increase skills in your job
- Public Employees Retirement System (PERS)
- Determines probable fraud in all programs (SNAP, Medicaid, Ohio Works First (OWF), Child Care, Prevention, Retention & Contingency (PRC)
- Ensure compliance with local, state, federal rules/laws
- Gathers confidential information of customers
- Conduct in home investigations of suspected fraud
- Processes overpayment cases
- Compiles and evaluates information
- Prepares reports
- Assists with establishment of procedures to conduct investigations and to initiate corrective actions
- Assists law enforcement, judicial and other government official with criminal and non criminal prosecutions and specific case information
- Testifies in court
- Attends conferences, workshops and trainings to obtain or maintain knowledge of current regulations
New Hire Rate: $12.49
Interested applicants should submit a resume and cover letter outlining how the qualifications for this position are met to Ginger Mack, Human Resource Officer 2.
- Agency policy and procedures
- Criminal investigative methods
- Case management techniques
- Case document preparation
- Interviewing techniques
- Court procedures and protocol
- Typing/word processing
- Define problems
- Collect data
- Establish facts
- Resolve problems
- Work independently
- Maintain confidentiality
- Maintain accurate records
- Maintain effective working relationship with supervisor and co-workers
View Job at OMJ
20 total views
We are proud to offer priority of services to U.S. Military Veterans and eligible spouses.
OhioMeansJobs and Economic Development Partner Develop Resources to Help Employers Find Skilled Workers
OhioMeansJobs Hancock is partnering with Findlay-Hancock County Economic Development to help employers find skilled workers for their job openings.
OhioMeansJobs- Hancock offers several free business development resources designed to help