Full-Time Chore Worker/Supervisor
Putnam County Council on Aging, Inc. Job Description Chore Worker Supervisor Job Duties: The Chore Worker Supervisor is responsible for the overall operation of the Chore Program. TheChoreWorker Supervisorwill...
Job Views ( 32 )
Ottawa, OhioOther County
Putnam County Council on Aging, Inc.
Chore Worker Supervisor
Job Duties: The Chore Worker Supervisor is responsible for the overall operation of the Chore Program. TheChoreWorker Supervisorwill also beresponsible for the performance of household tasks, simple household repairs, yard work, and other chores necessary to enable individuals to remain independent in their own homes when they are unable to perform such tasks themselves.
Essential Job Functions:
- Oversee all chore workers in their daily work assignments.
- Coordinate all chore work requests with assistance from the Director or Outreach Worker, if needed.
- Assign specific work details to each chore worker with clear, precise directions.
- Instruct chore workers as to the proper, safe and efficient manner in which each work request is to be completed.
- Supervise chore workers on-site as the work is being performed.
- Promote positive work environment.
- Assist in completion of work projects.
- Prepare necessary reports if applicable.
- Maintain daily preventative and maintenance checks on all equipment and the chore van.
- Drive and operate all equipment and the chore van in a safe manner.
- Perform minor home repairs, such as installing grab bars, building wheelchair ramps, changing furnace filters, changing batteries in smoke detectors, small paint jobs, minor electrical work, repairing leaking faucets, etc.
- Provide spring housecleaning, such as washing walls, cupboards, and ceilings, moving furniture and appliances, shampooing carpets, washing windows, pressure washing homes, porches, patios, installing and removing window air conditioners, etc.
- Perform seasonal yard work, such as raking and mulching leaves, spring and fall yard clean-up, trimming shrubs, cleaning spouting, spading small areas for flower beds, snow and ice removal from porches, steps and walk-ways.
- Provide seasonal cleaning and care of storm / screen windows and doors.
- Provide grocery shopping and other essential errands.
- Manage volunteer work crews that may assist with chore work.
- Schedule chore jobs in an efficient and timely manner.
- Communicate with clients on work requests, supplies needed, when job will be scheduled or any others issues or concerns that may arise.
- Complete all required paperwork, reports and documentation accurately and promptly.
- Clean up work area on daily basis.
- Insure that all equipment and tools are in good working condition and kept in an organized manner.
- Abide by safety rules and job limitations as set forth by the Executive Director, or designated supervisor
- Clean interior and exterior of chore vehicle.
- Inform office of needed vehicle maintenance and any issues concerning chore vehicle or chore equipment.
- Maintain a good attendance record.
- Be open to suggestions from supervisor.
- Must maintain all client information as confidential.
- Perform building and grounds maintenance for the Putnam County Council on Aging facility, vehicles and equipment. Work may include cleaning, seasonal work, such as snow removal, mowing yard, etc. and minor repairs.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Executive Director or designated supervisor.
Responsible to the Executive Director or other designated supervisor.
Full-Time or Part-time with flexible hours, based on the chore requests received.
Client Confidentiality and Employee Signature:
I understand that the information regarding clients is confidential and I agree to maintain client confidentiality.
I have read this job description and understand the job functions and requirements and agree to comply. I further understand that this job description may be revised at any time and that I will be notified of such revisions.
This position is open to all, without regard to race, religion, color, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, and military status or veteran status.
The Putnam County Council on Aging, Inc. is an
Equal Opportunity Employer and Service Provider
Date Board approved: April 11, 2016
Updated: April 12, 2021
C:\Documents and Settings\user\My Documents\My Documents\Job Descriptions\Chore Service Supervisor.doc
- High school graduate or GED.
- Must be 18 years of age or older.
- Must be physically able to do all essential job functions.
- Must have a valid Ohio Driver’s License and be insurable under agency guidelines.
- Must pass a pre-employment and random drug and alcohol testing, criminal background check and driving record abstract, as per agency policy.
- Ability to relate effectively to the elderly population. Willing to be patient and accommodating while working with clients, staff and the general public.
- Ability to follow written and verbal instructions.
- Knowledge and experience in completing minor home repairs, yard work, light and heavy house cleaning, etc.
- Experience using tools and other chore equipment safely.
- Must demonstrate responsibility and dependability and treat clients with respect.
- Demonstrate a high standard of quality work.
- Possess good verbal and written communication skills.
- Have strong organizational and time management skills.
- Ability to work independently with minimum supervision.
- Ability to work productively as a team and fill in as needed in other areas of agency operations.
- Ability to adapt to unforeseen circumstances.
View Job at OMJ
32 total views
We are proud to offer priority of services to U.S. Military Veterans and eligible spouses.
OhioMeansJobs and Economic Development Partner Develop Resources to Help Employers Find Skilled Workers
OhioMeansJobs Hancock is partnering with Findlay-Hancock County Economic Development to help employers find skilled workers for their job openings.
OhioMeansJobs- Hancock offers several free business development resources designed to help