General Production Supervisor – 2nd Shift
The production supervisor position is responsible for supervising shop employees in a manufacturing and assembly environment. This position...
Job Views ( 10 )
Tiffin, OhioOther County
The production supervisor position is responsible for supervising shop employees in a manufacturing and assembly environment. This position plans and assigns work, implements policies and procedures and recommends improvements in production methods, equipment, operating procedures and working conditions.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ensure effective employee relations. Provide employee coaching and development. Makes employment decisions. Resolve employee issues through problem resolution.
- Balance quality, productivity, cost, safety and morale to achieve positive results in all areas. Work to continuously improve in all areas.
- Manage departmental performance measures, including visual controls and provides regular progress reports to manager.
- Work with production planning and sales to assist in the tracking of prioritized work.
- Communicate with all departments to meet customer demands
- Maintain proper inventory levels.
- Manage department priorities.
- Daily employee time and labor approval.
- Performance Management.
- Problem Solving/Analysis.
- Results Driven.
- Communication Proficiency.
- Time Management.
- Technical Capacity.
- Learning Orientation.
This position manages all employees of the shift and is responsible for the performance management and hiring of the employees within that department.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to fumes or airborne particles, moving mechanical parts and vibration. The noise level in the work environment and job sites can be loud.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to sit; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position, and hours of work and days are Monday through Friday, 2:30pm – 11:00pm. Weekend work may be required as job duties demand. Expected normal weekly hours 45 – 50 per week.
No travel is expected for this position.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
To Apply: Go to www.websterchain.com
Required Education and Experience
- Associate’s degree.
- 5-10 years of experience in a production environment.
- Supervision Experience
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
None required for this position.
View Job at OMJ
10 total views
We are proud to offer priority of services to U.S. Military Veterans and eligible spouses.
OhioMeansJobs and Economic Development Partner Develop Resources to Help Employers Find Skilled Workers
OhioMeansJobs Hancock is partnering with Findlay-Hancock County Economic Development to help employers find skilled workers for their job openings.
OhioMeansJobs- Hancock offers several free business development resources designed to help