Grain Merchandiser – Corporate
Grain Merchandiser SUMMARY: The purpose of this position is to handle profitable and efficient wheat originations and grain merchandising for assigned mill/elevator...
Job Views ( 7 )
Fostoria, OhioOther County
SUMMARY: The purpose of this position is to handle profitable and efficient wheat originations and grain merchandising for assigned mill/elevator location(s). This position will sustain the Mission and Motto and Food Safety and Quality Statement of the Mennel Milling Company.
PRIMARY WORK SHIFT: Works shift as assigned and overtime as required.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily with or without accommodation.
- Responsible for wheat originations at assigned Mennel Flour Mills
- Responsible for grain merchandising at assigned grain elevator location(s)
- Establishes grain elevator bids and works with office staff to originate commodities
- Works closely with the Director of Grain Trading to establish origination and merchandising strategies and discuss market opportunities and/or risks
- Responsible for assigned location(s) grain accounting
- Responsible for efficient grain movement management at assigned location(s)
- Acts as a resource to assigned location(s) office staff
- Works closely with and acts as a resource to the grain operations team at both the corporate and location level
- Communicates origination and merchandising strategy to the grain operations team
- Other duties may be assigned.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: This position will supervise and oversee assigned elevator location(s) office staff.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job:
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to conditions that are typical to an office environment.
QUALIFICATIONS: The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required to perform this job.
- A minimum of a High School Diploma or equivalent required; a Bachelor’s degree preferred
- 2-5 years of grain merchandising experience is required
- Strong communication and negotiation skills
- Ethical and honest approach to grain merchandising
- Knowledge of commodity markets in specified geographic region
LANGUAGE SKILLS: Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, memos, procedures, and plans. Ability to write, complete checklists and other basic documentation and correspondence. Ability to effectively present information or data in one-on-one and small group situations to co-workers, supervisors, and managers.
MATHEMATICAL SKILLS: Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
REASONING ABILITY: Must use solid judgment when making decisions. Must have ability to quickly recognize and plan for changing work duties and events.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job:
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to perform maintenance tasks, reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, twist, crouch, or crawl, and talk or hear. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds or more. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
View Job at OMJ
7 total views
We are proud to offer priority of services to U.S. Military Veterans and eligible spouses.
OhioMeansJobs and Economic Development Partner Develop Resources to Help Employers Find Skilled Workers
OhioMeansJobs Hancock is partnering with Findlay-Hancock County Economic Development to help employers find skilled workers for their job openings.
OhioMeansJobs- Hancock offers several free business development resources designed to help