Grant Development Officer
Position Summary Bowling Green State University seeks a Grant Development Officer to support university faculty in their pursuit of external funding...
Job Views ( 2 )
Bowling Green, OhioWood County
Bowling Green State University seeks a Grant Development Officer to support university faculty in their pursuit of external funding aligned with the university’s strategic priorities. Reporting directly to the Vice President for Research and Economic Engagement, the Grant Development Officer will 1) support faculty in research and grant development including the strategic identification of funding sources and assistance with proposal development, and 2) facilitate the preparation of successful major grant applications, including the coordination and project management of large multi-investigator, multi-disciplinary research submissions.
Essential Duties, Tasks and Responsibilities
- Develop and deliver faculty workshops and seminars on research development, grant-seeking, and grant writing skills.
- Serve as university liaison to federal, state, and private granting agencies to identify opportunities for institutional grants.
- Assemble cross disciplinary faculty teams in response to large-scale funding opportunities; organize team logistics and establish timelines; assist team by providing institutional data and writing templates.
- Develop and implement internal communication strategy to promote and highlight externally-funded research activity at BGSU.
- Provide individual faculty members with proposal writing and editing services.
- Work with SPAR to identify and disseminate funding opportunities for individual faculty members.
- Other duties as assigned.
Full-time, Administrative staff position available. Administrative Grade Level 357. Salary is commensurate with education and experience. Full benefit package available.
Deadline to apply: August 3, 2021
For a complete job description & to apply for this position visit https://bgsu.hiretouch.com/ or contact the Office of Human Resources at (419) 372-8421. BGSU. AA/EEO/Disabilities/Veterans. In compliance with the ADA Amendments Act (ADAAA), if you have a disability and would like to request an accommodation in order to apply for a position with Bowling Green State University, please call 419-372-8421.
Knowledge, Skills or Abilities
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to network and work with diverse groups of people
- Ability to be successful in grantsmanship
In addition to your cover letter and resume, you will be required to upload a written response to the diversity and inclusion question listed below. The Diversity Statement should not exceed 1 page that is double-spaced with 1-inch margins, using 12pt. font.
- Is there a way you envision diversity and inclusion playing a role in this position? Please explain your answer.
Master’s Degree required. Successful candidate must have Master’s degree conferred at the time of application.
The following experience is required:
- 3-4 years in grant development and writing of grant applications
View Job at OMJ
2 total views
We are proud to offer priority of services to U.S. Military Veterans and eligible spouses.
OhioMeansJobs and Economic Development Partner Develop Resources to Help Employers Find Skilled Workers
OhioMeansJobs Hancock is partnering with Findlay-Hancock County Economic Development to help employers find skilled workers for their job openings.
OhioMeansJobs- Hancock offers several free business development resources designed to help