PURPOSE OF THIS POSITION The purpose of the Grounds Keeper is to perform a variety of duties in and around the...
Job Views ( 3 )
Findlay, OhioHancock County
PURPOSE OF THIS POSITION
The purpose of the Grounds Keeper is to perform a variety of duties in and around the Health System facilities and properties to ensure the exteriors are properly maintained and safe under the direction of the Manager of Facility Services or designee. Ensures a safe and comfortable environment for patient, staff and visitors
* Duty 1: Adheres to BVHS’ policies and procedures to ensure compliance with all regulatory agencies.
* Duty 2: Maintains exterior conditions at all BVHS locations. Identifies areas in need of repair and notifies Supervisor or designee.
* Duty 3: Ensures a safe and comfortable environment, and maintains a positive working relationship with visitors, doctors, patients, associates, and contractors.
* Duty 4: Performs grounds keeping, snow removal, and refuse collection duties as required. Works closely with contractors performing lawncare and snow removal duties at each BVHS location.
* Duty 5: Ensures building entrances are clean and safe, during all seasons.
* Duty 6: Ensures building exterior lighting is functional and coordinates with Electrician if needed
* Duty 7: Monitors exterior signage, parking lots, handrails, steps, doors, siding, trees, and flags for damage.
* Duty 8: Performs power washing of building exteriors and sidewalks. Minor painting and sealing as needed.
* Duty 9: Develops seasonal displays and/or plantings at select locations.
* Duty 10: Coordinates with contractors to maintain irrigation and pond maintenance at select locations
* Duty 11: Ensures Memorials are well kept
* Duty 12: Follows a weekly / monthly schedule, based on priority, for tasks at all BVHS locations. Adjusts schedule to accommodate weather related delays.
* Duty 13: Demonstrates initiative and accepts accountability for work related issues.
* Duty 14: Develops and implements processes for grounds keeping duties.
* Duty 15: Performs related accountabilities responsibilities as required or directed.
* High school graduate or equivalent.
* A minimum of two consecutive years experience in related field
* Lifts up to 75 lbs., carries, pushes, pulls, stands and walks in a moderate amount. Some exposure to heat, bodily injury, toxic substances and isolation linens, etc.
* Mechanical aptitude required and knowledge of hand/power tools.
* May be required to work any shift, fixed or rotated, and days off may be fixed or rotated.
* A valid driver’s license is required (if you do not have a valid Ohio driver’s license you must obtain one within one year of your residency in the state) and you must also meet BVHS’s company fleet policy requirements
* Positive service-oriented interpersonal and communication skills required.
* Individual must be able to demonstrate the knowledge and skills necessary to provide care appropriate to the age of the patient served on his/her assigned unit/department. The individual must demonstrate knowledge of the principles of growth and development over the life span and possess the ability to assess data reflective of the patient status and interpret the appropriate information needed to identify each patient’s requirements relative to their age-specific needs and to provide the care needed as described in the area’s policies and procedures.
View Job at OMJ
3 total views
We are proud to offer priority of services to U.S. Military Veterans and eligible spouses.
OhioMeansJobs and Economic Development Partner Develop Resources to Help Employers Find Skilled Workers
OhioMeansJobs Hancock is partnering with Findlay-Hancock County Economic Development to help employers find skilled workers for their job openings.
OhioMeansJobs- Hancock offers several free business development resources designed to help