HANCO EMS Dispatcher – C
PURPOSE OF THIS POSITION The Emergency Medical Dispatcher performs critical communication services and a variety of routine clerical, administrative and...
Job Views ( 8 )
Findlay, OhioHancock County
PURPOSE OF THIS POSITION
The Emergency Medical Dispatcher performs critical communication services and a variety of routine clerical, administrative and technical work in receiving and dispatching routine and emergency information; keeping official records; and assisting in the administration of the standard operating policies and procedures of the communications/department records center. This position reports to the Director of Hanco.
HANCO EMS is the Primary 911 provider for the local community and also provides a wide spectrum of medical transport services.
* Duty 1: Monitor telephones and radios in the dispatch center, answer all incoming calls, ascertain nature of calls, and gather all necessary information to transmit or relay
* Duty 2: Dispatch police, fire, emergency medical service, and other response vehicles for emergency and non-emergency responses; broadcast nature, location, contact all required personnel and other local concerns such as the fire department in the event of an emergency situation; insure the presence of reserve units by contacting personnel designated for on-call; relay information as required. Perform Emergency Medical Dispatch (EMD) inclusive of providing pre-arrival instructions when requested.
* Duty 3: Maintain logs of run information, location of personnel and equipment; in the event of an emergency situation, maintain on-going contact with the responding personnel and keep them informed of all incoming pertinent information; keep track of various information such as traffic lights out, streets closed, etc., and keeps emergency personnel informed.
* Duty 4: Maintain dispatch center work area and equipment in clean and working condition. Operate radios as needed and assist in radio communications; operate the base radio as required. Compose, type, and edit correspondence, reports, memoranda, and other material requiring judgment as to content, accuracy, and completeness. Input data to standard office and department forms, both manual and automated; make simple postings to various reports; compile and tabulate data. Assist citizens that come into the station. Also assisting citizens who wish to pay accounts or come into the station for other reasons and treating them with courtesy and dignity.
* Duty 5: Maintain dispatch documents and records. Exercises rational judgment in all job responsibilities and maintains the confidence and trust of peers, subordinates, superiors, and citizens. Other duties as assigned by the Shift Officer(s).
* High school diploma or GED equivalent required
* Health Care Provider CPR certification required
* Must obtain an EMD certification prior to being released to dispatch without a training partner.
* NIMS 100, 200, and 700 (National Incident Management System) (Within 3 months of employment)
* HazMat Awareness Level (Within 3 months of employment)
* Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Have the ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations
* Ability to learn and efficiently use various computer programs including Microsoft Word, Computer Aided Dispatch, telephone and recording systems, and other systems that are or may be adapted for use by the dispatch department is required.
* Must be able to perform work under stressful or emotional conditions and work any assigned shift, including day, swing or graveyard and work all days of the week including weekends and holidays.
* Positive service-oriented interpersonal and communication skills required.
* Individual must be able
View Job at OMJ
8 total views
We are proud to offer priority of services to U.S. Military Veterans and eligible spouses.
OhioMeansJobs and Economic Development Partner Develop Resources to Help Employers Find Skilled Workers
OhioMeansJobs Hancock is partnering with Findlay-Hancock County Economic Development to help employers find skilled workers for their job openings.
OhioMeansJobs- Hancock offers several free business development resources designed to help