HANCO EMS – EMT Basic
The purpose of the HANCO EMS Emergency Medical Technician (EMT) is to deliver pre-hospital and trauma...
Job Views ( 1 )
Findlay, OhioHancock County
HANCO EMS is the primary 911 Provider for the local community and also provides a wide spectrum of medical transport services.
* Duty 1: The primary duty of the Emergency Medical Technicians (EMT) is to deliver pre-hospital and trauma care within the scope of their specific certification level. This obligation includes but is not limited to: Scene survey, Triage and assessment, Extrication, Stabilization, Treatment, Transporting, and Communication
* Duty 2: No employee shall recommend a specific physician/hospital. All patients will be as transported to the nearest appropriate hospital or medical facility. This may be deviated from for patient’s personal preference taking in to consideration proximity of facilities, current resources, and severity of the situation.
* Duty 3: Completes all required reports in an accurate concise manner, obtaining required signatures and providing the receiving medical facility with a copy of the run report. Patient confidentiality is a high priority! Only the executive officers are permitted to release information to the news media. Discussion of runs or company business will be limited to debriefing sessions.
* Duty 4: Accurately records all required information into the Ohio State Reporting program.
* Duty 5: Restocks all supplies used on the call for service and confirm that all equipment used has been retrieved and is returned to its appropriate location.
* Duty 6: Sanitizes and disinfects the transport vehicle and equipment when indicated.
* Duty 7: Participates in all debriefing sessions.
* Duty 8: Keeps up with job related updates in pre-hospital procedures and regulations.
* Duty 9: Participates in monthly training events or CEU classes to maintain respective certification and licensure.
* Duty 10: Performs daily and weekly vehicle inspections and at the same time becoming knowledgeable on the placement of all equipment including equipment located on the Mobile Intensive Care unit.
* Duty 11: Performs daily and weekly vehicle inspections and at the same time becoming knowledgeable on the placement of all equipment including equipment located on the Mobile Intensive Care unit. Becomes proficient in the operation of all equipment carried on each response vehicle.
* Duty 12: Participates in building/grounds maintenance.
* Ohio division of EMS certification of Emergency Medical Technicians (EMT).
* A valid driver’s license is required (if you do not have a valid Ohio driver’s license you must obtain one within 30 days of your residency in the state).
* You must meet BVHS’s company fleet policy, auto insurance requirements and meet any other requirements that may be required to operate a vehicle.
* Drivers must be at least 25 with no more than three moving violations or one accident and one violation within the last three years. Drivers 23 and 24 are acceptable, but can have no more then two moving violations within the last three years. Drivers 20, 21 and 22 must have no moving violations on the driving record. Drivers under 20 are not acceptable. No driver may have any major convictions within the last five year period.
View Job at OMJ
1 total views
We are proud to offer priority of services to U.S. Military Veterans and eligible spouses.
OhioMeansJobs and Economic Development Partner Develop Resources to Help Employers Find Skilled Workers
OhioMeansJobs Hancock is partnering with Findlay-Hancock County Economic Development to help employers find skilled workers for their job openings.
OhioMeansJobs- Hancock offers several free business development resources designed to help