Head Dance Coach
Position Summary The Head Dance Coach is responsible for providing assistance to the Coordinator of the Spirit Programs and Head Cheer Coach as...
Job Views ( 11 )
Bowling Green, OhioWood County
The Head Dance Coach is responsible for providing assistance to the Coordinator of the Spirit Programs and Head Cheer Coach as it relates to recruitment, administration, instruction and training of the dance team, which will perform at BGSU football and basketball games, competitions, campus and community events throughout the year. Additionally, the Head Dance Coach provides support to the Coordinator in the administration of the BGSU Spirit Program.
Essential Duties, Tasks and Responsibilities
- Assist the Coordinator of the Spirit Programs in all phases of the BGSU Dance program including but not limited to, recruiting the best possible student athletes, organizing practices and games, scheduling, supervision of academic progress, public relations, and compliance with University and American Association of Cheer Coaches and Administrators (AACCA) rules.
- Organize, implement and conduct practice, training, and workout procedures for the development and improvement of individual and team skills based.
- Maintain appropriate records; prepare monitoring reports documenting practice activities and skills progression.
- Organize and plan progressive dance practices and performances
- Foster student success by maintaining contact with student services, individual faculty members and athletes to insure academic progress and reasonable graduation rates.
- Develop and maintain of a code of discipline and behavior in agreement with the Coordinator of the Spirit Programs and Head Cheerleading Coach. This includes informing student participants of their rights and responsibilities related to continued participation in the dance program and in the classroom.
- Engage in fund raising activities
- Prepare and instruct program participants for the Nationals routine in years when the team receives a Nationals bid.
Knowledge, Skills or Abilities
- Knowledge of dance skills, techniques, and choreography in a collegiate environment
- Ability to work effectively and establish and maintain relationships with students, parents, alumni, faculty, staff, athletes, coaches, administration, and others
- Knowledge of NCAA rules and regulations
- Knowledge of AACCA rules and regulations (American Association of Cheerleading Coaches and Administrators)
- Experience in public relations and fundraising
- Evidence of strong interpersonal and communication skills (both oral and written)
- Evidence of organizational skills, including the ability to organize tasks, set and accomplish priorities and goals, and evaluate continuous progress toward goals
- Aptitude in directing activities of others and large groups to accomplish a goal
- Ability to demonstrate and clearly explain dance skills to student athletes
- Evidence of strong administrative and management skills
- Ability to troubleshoot complex situations and issues
- Ability to work successfully with diverse campus populations
- Ability and willingness to work evenings and weekends
In addition to your cover letter and resume, you will be required to upload a written response to the diversity and inclusion question listed below. The Diversity Statement should not exceed 1 page that is double-spaced with 1-inch margins, using 12pt. font.
- Reflect on a time when you advocated for something related to equity, diversity and/or inclusion?
Part-time, Administrative staff position available. Salary is commensurate with education and experience.
For a complete job description & to apply for this position visit https://bgsu.hiretouch.com/ or contact the Office of Human Resources at (419) 372-8421. BGSU. AA/EEO/Disabilities/Veterans. In compliance with the ADA Amendments Act (ADAAA), if you have a disability and would like to request an accommodation in order to apply for a position with Bowling Green State University, please call 419-372-8421.
Bachelor’s degree required. Degree must be conferred at the time of application.
The following experience is required:
- 1-year dance Coaching experience
- 1-year experience in teaching or working with students
- AACCA Certification (American Association of Cheerleading Coaches and Administrators) – must be valid at the time of application and must be kept up to date.
- CPR and First Aid Certification – must be valid at the time of application and must be kept up to date.
View Job at OMJ
11 total views
We are proud to offer priority of services to U.S. Military Veterans and eligible spouses.
OhioMeansJobs and Economic Development Partner Develop Resources to Help Employers Find Skilled Workers
OhioMeansJobs Hancock is partnering with Findlay-Hancock County Economic Development to help employers find skilled workers for their job openings.
OhioMeansJobs- Hancock offers several free business development resources designed to help