Head Softball Coach
Position Summary The head softball coach will direct all phases of the day-to-day operations of the BGSU softball program, including but...
Job Views ( 14 )
Bowling Green, OhioWood County
The head softball coach will direct all phases of the day-to-day operations of the BGSU softball program, including but not limited to: recruitment, instruction, development and competitive coaching of student-athletes. Also, to include scheduling, coordination of travel, fundraising and camps, and to represent and promote the women’s softball program within the established guidelines of BGSU, the Mid-American Conference and NCAA. The head coach must also have a commitment to the academic success of student-athletes, community engagement, positive public relations and the fiscal management of the program.
Essential Duties, Tasks and Responsibilities
- Coaching and instruction for both practices and competitions – this includes off season workouts
- Recruiting and communications with potential student-athletes and parents (includes: JumpForward software, NCAA paperwork, travel, etc.).
- Fundraising and maintaining relationships with Alumni.
- Hire and evaluate assistant coaches
- Promoting the program to the campus and community through public speaking and various community activities.
- Development and maintenance of annual budget (operations, recruiting, travel).
- Arranging team travel and scheduling of opponents.
- Administer camps and clinics.
Full-time, Administrative staff position available. Salary is commensurate with education and experience. Full benefit package available.
Bowling Green State University provides a comprehensive benefit program as part of a total compensation package. This includes medical, prescription, dental, vision, health accounts (medical & dependent), life & disability insurance, retirement plans, employee assistance program and tuition fee waivers for employees and their eligible dependents as well as paid time off, holidays and parental leave. For more information please visit Benefits-at-a-Glance.pdf (bgsu.edu)
For a complete job description & to apply for this position visit https://bgsu.hiretouch.com/ or contact the Office of Human Resources at (419) 372-8421. BGSU. AA/EEO/Disabilities/Veterans. In compliance with the ADA Amendments Act (ADAAA), if you have a disability and would like to request an accommodation in order to apply for a position with Bowling Green State University, please call 419-372-8421.
Knowledge, Skills or Abilities
- Very strong interpersonal skills.
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written
- Organizational, Managerial skills
- Knowledge of NCAA rules/regulations
- Experience working and communicating with diverse groups of people
- Leadership, Supervisory skills
- Familiarity with higher education/university setting
- Problem-solving skills
- Knowledge of budgets, budgeting
Bachelor’s degree required. Must have and maintain a valid driver’s license and comply with the university’s vehicle use policy. Must pass the NCAA coaches test required annually.
The following experience is required:
- 3 to 4 years of collegiate softball coaching experience at the NCAA Division I, II, III, High School, or at an NAIA-affiliated institution.
View Job at OMJ
14 total views
We are proud to offer priority of services to U.S. Military Veterans and eligible spouses.
OhioMeansJobs and Economic Development Partner Develop Resources to Help Employers Find Skilled Workers
OhioMeansJobs Hancock is partnering with Findlay-Hancock County Economic Development to help employers find skilled workers for their job openings.
OhioMeansJobs- Hancock offers several free business development resources designed to help