Job Title: Health Advocate Department: Child Development & Rural Transit Reports To: Heath Services Specialist Supervises: None FLSA Status: Non-Exempt Pay Status: Seasonal ( 48 weeks) – Full Time – $16.25 to $22.70 hourly EEO...
Job Views ( 9 )
Fostoria, OhioOther County
Job Title: Health Advocate
Department: Child Development & Rural Transit
Reports To: Heath Services Specialist
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Pay Status: Seasonal ( 48 weeks) – Full Time – $16.25 to $22.70 hourly
EEO Classification: Service Workers
Last Updated/Reviewed: 07/26/19
Summary: Coordinate and implement the daily activities for assigned counties in the areas of Early Childhood Development and Health Services.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Implement the written Early Childhood Development and Health Services plan which includes ensuring all enrolled children receive immunizations, physical and dental exams, and follow-up treatment for assigned centers
- Coordinate and track the flow of health services information among staff, parents, and health professionals.
- Ensure all enrolled children receive immunizations, physical and dental exams, and follow-up treatment for assigned center through parent, provider contacts, or staff.
- Provide direct health services to children including screenings for weighing, measuring, puretone, impedance, vision, hemoglobin, lead, and blood pressure. Follow-up on health referrals within each program’s time frame.
- Ensure a written follow-up plan and arrange re-screening, further diagnostic testing, examination and treatment for each child found to have medical or dental problems.
- Assist with trainings to all staff in areas of communicable disease, Blood Borne Pathogens, hand washing, CPR, First Aid and other trainings as requested.
- Schedule regular contacts with parents such as calling, writing, and making home visits on follow-up health related matters.
- Identify health and dental resources within the community and help parents as needed in securing a source of accessible health care for their families. Provide training to parents in all areas of health services through one-on-one training and/or parent meetings.
- Assist Family Advocates and parents in arranging health appointments, screenings, and transportation.
- Enter and maintain all information regarding children and families health services into appropriate database system; maintain appropriate documentation of all health services and ensure all follow-up is recorded.
- Respond to center health check questions if a child is in need of further medical attention.
- Participate in center meetings and identify/report children’s health needs, as requested.
- Ensure first aid kits are maintained and up to date at assigned center and request supplies as needed.
- Distribute information for health packets, kindergarten packets, and follow-up letters.
- Other duties and responsibilities as directed by supervisor.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Required High School Diploma or GED with an LPN certification, prefer Associate Degree in health related field or specialized training as a Medical Assistant or LPN licensed in the state of Ohio.
One to three years experience in providing health services; up to one year experience with word processing, spreadsheet, internet, and database software.
- Initial and periodic Motor Vehicle Records checks, maintain a valid driver’s license, and maintain a safe driving record.
- Must have insured, dependable transportation available for daily use.
- Must submit to initial and periodic drug and alcohol testing.
- Initial and periodic physical exams required.
- Must submit to state and/or federal criminal checks.
- Ability to be reached by cellular phone during business hours and after hours.
Ability to read, analyze and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers and the general public.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals. Ability to compute rates, ratios, and/or percentages.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
The work environment involves high risks with exposure to potentially dangerous situations or unusual environmental stress requiring a range of safety and other precautions (i.e. working at great heights, under extreme outdoor weather conditions, or in similar situations in which conditions cannot be controlled).
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee is occasionally required to smell. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision and ability to adjust focus.
ALL ON AND OFF DUTY POLITICAL ACTIVITY IS GOVERNED BY THE HATCH ACT.
View Job at OMJ
9 total views
We are proud to offer priority of services to U.S. Military Veterans and eligible spouses.
OhioMeansJobs and Economic Development Partner Develop Resources to Help Employers Find Skilled Workers
OhioMeansJobs Hancock is partnering with Findlay-Hancock County Economic Development to help employers find skilled workers for their job openings.
OhioMeansJobs- Hancock offers several free business development resources designed to help