Hospice Admission Nurse (CCS -Bridge Home Health & Hospice) $2,500 Sign-on Bonus
Job Description PURPOSE OF THIS POSITION The purpose of an Admission Nurse is to assess and educate patients for appropriate services....
Job Views ( 16 )
Findlay, OhioHancock County
PURPOSE OF THIS POSITION
The purpose of an Admission Nurse is to assess and educate patients for appropriate services. This position will coordinate data for input of care plan process. This position will also complete assessments as needed. Manages on-call as scheduled in a consistently responsible manner.
Every effort has been made to make this job description as complete as possible. However, it in no way states or implies that these are the only duties you will be required to perform. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related or a logical assignment.
Duty 1: Uses the nursing process to assess, plan, implement, and evaluate patient care to provide for the unique physical and emotional needs of each patient.
Duty 2: Demonstrates knowledge and skill necessary to provide disease/diagnosis age specific care to the patients served with Bridge Home Health and Hospice.
Duty 3: Successfully complete the admission process and set-up medication as applicable
Duty 4: Educate patient on services, applicable insurance coverage, and overall Bridge philosophy
Duty 5: Ensure that documentation is consistent with or exceeds Bridge Home Health and Hospice guidelines
Duty 6: Utilizes a team approach to teaching opportunities and family care issues of the patient.
Duty 7: Consistently maintains optimal patient care efficiently. Maintains assigned patient referrals within scheduled hours.
Duty 8: Complies with organizational policies, procedures, and practices to ensure quality job performance and Medicare/Medicaid compliance to include OASIS if appropriate.
Duty 9: Manages holiday on-call and helper assignments responsible to include keeping management informed of any unusual or special incident occurrences.
Duty 10: Establishes and maintains communication/collaboration with the interdisciplinary team and patient’s primary physician regarding patient condition, orders, plan of care, and anticipated needs to ensure exceptional patient care.
Duty 11: Able to communicate admission criteria specific to each patient.
Duty 12: Displays Service Excellence as evidenced by practicing the mission, vision, and values of the organization to promote patient satisfaction.
DELEGATION OF AUTHORITY
You are delegated the authority, responsibility, and accountability necessary to carry out your assigned duties.
This position requires a full range of body motion with intermittent walking, lifting, bending, climbing, squatting, kneeling, twisting, sitting
* Current R.N. licensure for the state of Ohio.
* Minimum of 1-2 years of general nursing experience
* Valid Ohio driver’s license and owns a car for use during scheduled hours.
* Commitment to and knowledge of the philosophy, mission and goals of the agency and standards and regulations governing it.
* Positive service-oriented interpersonal and communication skills required
* Individual must be able to demonstrate the knowledge and skills necessary to provide care appropriate to the age of the patient served on his/her assigned unit/department. The individual must demonstrate knowledge of the principles of growth and development over the life span and possess the ability to assess data reflective of the patient status and interpret the appropriate information needed to identify each patient’s requirements relative to their age-specific needs and to provide the care needed as described in the area’s policies and procedures.
* This position is classified at risk for possible occupational exposure to bloodborne pathogens (HBV, HIV, etc.)
* Home Health and/or Hospice experience
View Job at OMJ
16 total views
We are proud to offer priority of services to U.S. Military Veterans and eligible spouses.
OhioMeansJobs and Economic Development Partner Develop Resources to Help Employers Find Skilled Workers
OhioMeansJobs Hancock is partnering with Findlay-Hancock County Economic Development to help employers find skilled workers for their job openings.
OhioMeansJobs- Hancock offers several free business development resources designed to help