HR Application Developer
Position Summary The HR Application Developer supports complex technical projects in HR and performs system analysis. Reporting to the...
Job Views ( 8 )
Bowling Green, OhioWood County
The HR Application Developer supports complex technical projects in HR and performs system analysis. Reporting to the HRIS Manager and receiving technical supervision from the Application Developer Supervisor, the HR Application Developer will facilitate and support the needs of the HR department ensuring that HR technology meets and exceeds stakeholder expectations. The role is forward looking and is regularly assessing the current and future technology needs of the HR department relative to transformational efforts. This position is required to be able to write functional and technical specifications, test plans, and reports. Additionally, this position will test interfaces, data conversations and the implementation of bolt-on applications; they will develop, using various programming languages (such as SQR, PeopleSoft Application Engine, XML Publisher).
Essential Duties, Tasks and Responsibilities
- Develops and writes technical specifications, program code and unit test documents for conversion and support of reports, interfaces, conversions and enhancements. This involves the following:
- Creates technical specifications detailing the system work necessary to implement HR functional specifications, including conversion, new development, and support projects
- Configures PeopleSoft HCM application tables to support HR
- Uses technical specifications to create or change program code in the appropriate software, following BGSU standards
- Updates and maintains accuracy of project documentation and work flow as well as provide information necessary for project manager to stay informed about progress; assists with developing and maintaining documentation of HR and Benefits processes and procedures
- Extracts information from the system through the creation and execution of queries in response to requests for information within BGSU and from the public in pursuant to the Ohio Public Records Act
- Performs system testing and systematic data review; creates and executes testing plans; documents outcomes
- Conducts and/or assists with routine audits of HCM data to ensure accuracy
- Maintains a broad knowledge of technology such as changing program languages, equipment and systems; stays abreast of new technical developments and information system trends
Full-time, Administrative staff position available. Administrative Grade Level I55. Salary is commensurate with education and experience. Full benefit package available.
Deadline to apply: The search committee will review applications until the position is filled; however, for best consideration applications should be provided by ‘March 29, 2021’
For a complete job description & to apply for this position visit https://bgsu.hiretouch.com/ or contact the Office of Human Resources at (419) 372-8421. BGSU. AA/EEO/Disabilities/Veterans. In compliance with the ADA Amendments Act (ADAAA), if you have a disability and would like to request an accommodation in order to apply for a position with Bowling Green State University, please call 419-372-8421.
Knowledge, Skills or Abilities
- Experience with PeopleSoft development tools (i.e. Application Designer, PeopleCode, Application Engine) is desired
- Ability to effectively handle multi-task projects and assignments
- Skilled in analyzing, troubleshooting and problem solving
- Ability to learn new skills, techniques and programming languages
- Ability to follow standards and procedures for the organization
- Skilled in effective verbal and written communications
- Understands workings of relational databases; skilled with SQL tools and techniques
Associate’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or related field. Bachelor’s degree preferred.
The following experience is required:
- Five years of professional work experience in a technical role supporting human resources or payroll business processes and data required.
The following experience is preferred:
- 2 years of writing technical specifications and assisting with functional specifications
- 2 years of writing test documents and revising functional and/or technical specifications
- 4 years of program development experience
View Job at OMJ
8 total views
We are proud to offer priority of services to U.S. Military Veterans and eligible spouses.
OhioMeansJobs and Economic Development Partner Develop Resources to Help Employers Find Skilled Workers
OhioMeansJobs Hancock is partnering with Findlay-Hancock County Economic Development to help employers find skilled workers for their job openings.
OhioMeansJobs- Hancock offers several free business development resources designed to help