Information Security Analyst
Position Summary With the goal of protecting the University community’s data and information assets, work directly with the department...
Job Views ( 5 )
Bowling Green, OhioWood County
With the goal of protecting the University community’s data and information assets, work directly with the department Manager of Information Security to develop, monitor, and administer security policies and best practices for various campus computer systems, networks, and facilities. Architect and implement security solutions for new applications or business processes as they are introduced across campus. Work with appropriate technologies, individuals, vendors, or law-enforcement agencies in the detection, investigation, and prevention of abuse.
Essential Duties, Tasks and Responsibilities
- Architect, implement and administer system and network security controls that include, but are not limited to firewalls, virtual private networks, intrusion detection/prevention systems, and ERP systems.
- Investigate and document the technical aspects of security-related incidents, in cooperation with law enforcement agencies or other organizations as necessary
- Research security advisories, intrusion techniques, analysis tools, and practices. Recommend and/or implement solutions or improvements.
- Provide security oversight to the University community; consult with development and technical support staff to architect systems using complex information technology tools and processes, within the scope of University policies as well as applicable external laws and regulations.???
- Implement, operate, and manage highly technical security analysis tools to assist with the identification and diagnosis of sources to problems
- Review and update security policies or procedures in a rapidly changing environment.
- Architect and implement overall security plan for new applications used by the entire university community. Periodically review the security plan and make adjustments as necessary
Full-time, Administrative staff position available. Administrative Pay Grade I56. Salary is commensurate with education and experience. Full benefit package available.
Deadline to apply: March 19, 2021
For a complete job description & to apply for this position visit https://bgsu.hiretouch.com/ or contact the Office of Human Resources at (419) 372-8421. BGSU. AA/EEO/Disabilities/Veterans. In compliance with the ADA Amendments Act (ADAAA), if you have a disability and would like to request an accommodation in order to apply for a position with Bowling Green State University, please call 419-372-8421.
Knowledge, Skills or Abilities
- Technical knowledge that could include Windows/Linux experience, network, or systems
- Programming knowledge
- Highly analytical
- Ability to work discretely
- Thoroughness and disciplined
Bachelor’s Degree required, preferably in Computer Science or Management Information Systems. Successful candidate must have Bachelor’s degree conferred at the time of application.
The following experience is also required:
- 3-4 years systems experience
- 1-2 years information security experience
Security certification such as: Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP), Global Security Essentials Certification (GSEC), Certified Information Systems Auditor/Manager (CISA/CISM).
View Job at OMJ
5 total views
We are proud to offer priority of services to U.S. Military Veterans and eligible spouses.
OhioMeansJobs and Economic Development Partner Develop Resources to Help Employers Find Skilled Workers
OhioMeansJobs Hancock is partnering with Findlay-Hancock County Economic Development to help employers find skilled workers for their job openings.
OhioMeansJobs- Hancock offers several free business development resources designed to help