Information Services Assistant
JOB SUMMARY Under the supervision of the Public Services Manager, the Information Services Assistant provides excellent customer service and basic Genealogy,...
Job Views ( 29 )
Tiffin, OhioOther County
Under the supervision of the Public Services Manager, the Information Services Assistant provides excellent customer service and basic Genealogy, Reader’s Advisory, Ready Reference, and Reference assistance.
• Provides basic Genealogy, Readers’ Advisory, Ready Reference, and Reference Service to the public.
• Performs Collection Development and Collection Maintenance for assigned areas.
• Aids patrons in understanding and using library resources, materials, and equipment.
• Assists patrons learning how to use personal digital devices at a basic level and refers requests for more extensive help to Computer Services.
• May assist with library programs as required.
• Attends and participates in Public Services Department and All-Staff Meetings.
• Creates and stocks displays based on library needs.
• Serves on library project teams or committees as assigned.
• Helps maintain a patron-friendly environment conducive to library use.
• Provides direct service to the public; maintains composure in stressful situations.
This job takes place at a busy public service desk and requires frequent speaking and interaction with the public. Must be able to concentrate on fine detail with constant interruption and remember assignments given over long periods. Must be able to read from a computer screen for significant amounts of time. Noise level in the work environment can vary greatly depending upon number of patrons present and library activities.
Must be able to operate a variety of machinery and equipment including computers, AV equipment, and mobile devices. This job requires extended periods of sitting, standing, and computer use. Sufficient clarity of speech and hearing or other communication capabilities that permit the staff member to communicate effectively as well as sufficient vision or other powers of observation allowing the staff member to read books, utilize email, or scan a room are required. This position requires significant manual dexterity and the ability to move heavy items frequently.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions of this job.
EXPECTED HOURS OF WORK
A flexible schedule is required, including working some evening or weekend hours in support of meetings, staffing needs, or library programs and events.
• Occasional local, regional, or statewide travel for trainings, meetings, and events is required.
PREFERRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
• Previous public library experience preferred.
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
• Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university.
• Acceptable Ohio Bureau of Criminal Investigation background check.
• Possession of valid Ohio drivers’ license and clean driving record.
1. All staff members at Tiffin-Seneca Public Library are “At Will” employees. This job description is not a contract nor an all-inclusive list of duties. Employees may be required to perform other duties necessary to meet the on-going needs of the library.
2. Tiffin-Seneca Public Library is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The library provides equal employment opportunities for all our staff members and applicants in compliance with applicable local, state, and federal laws without regard to non-work related factors such as race, color, religion/creed, sex, national origin, age, disability, citizenship, marital status, or sexual orientation.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
• Outstanding customer service skills.
• Effective interpersonal and communication skills.
• High comfort level and familiarity with common technologies including computer hardware, software, and mobile devices such as e-Readers, tablets, and smart phones.
• Ability to work independently, accurately, and with attention to detail.
• Ability to retain, follow, and explain organizational procedures, processes, policies, and operations.
ORGANIZATION-WIDE WORK REQUIREMENTS
Every library staff member is expected to:
• Interact professionally with other staff members, patrons, and vendors.
• Perform quality work within deadlines with or without direct supervision.
• Work effectively as a team contributor on all assignments.
• Communicate and coordinate work efforts with others.
• Uphold library performance standards, work rules, and policies.
View Job at OMJ
29 total views
We are proud to offer priority of services to U.S. Military Veterans and eligible spouses.
OhioMeansJobs and Economic Development Partner Develop Resources to Help Employers Find Skilled Workers
OhioMeansJobs Hancock is partnering with Findlay-Hancock County Economic Development to help employers find skilled workers for their job openings.
OhioMeansJobs- Hancock offers several free business development resources designed to help