Inventory Control Coordinator
PURPOSE OF THIS POSITION The primary purpose of the Inventory Control Coordinator is to routinely maintain an accurate inventory control...
Job Views ( 8 )
Findlay, OhioHancock County
PURPOSE OF THIS POSITION
The primary purpose of the Inventory Control Coordinator is to routinely maintain an accurate inventory control system utilizing the Meditech system and other computer-based systems. This function will add significant support to the daily efforts of the storeroom coordinator in providing supplies in an efficient and timely manner throughout BVRHC. The inventory control coordinator will implement changes into the inventory system when new programs take place and will act as inventory liaison for all BVRHC departments.
* Duty 1: Assists in the setup and maintenance of the inventory system for current and new supplies for BVRHC-Findlay & Bluffton, to ensure inventory is kept current and accurate and to ensure inventory is checked routinely for outdated and “short-dated” supplies. This includes developing methods for determining standard inventory levels and notifying the Purchasing Supervisor and all affected departments of any pertinent information.
* Duty 2: Frequent interaction with distributors and the supplier network for any changes to the J.I.T. program, including frequent reviews with the Purchasing Supervisor, to ensure that the system remains lean and appropriate for the business activity at the BVRHC campuses.
* Duty 3: Assists the Purchasing Supervisor and the accounting department with the EOC review and implementation of an inventory decrementation system to ensure the correct departments are charged with the correct supplies and to support accurate cost allocation and GL account number application.
* Duty 4: Responsible for training various personnel in all aspects of the J.I.T. program and the non-stock requisitioning process; as a Meditech “super user”, will also assist in materials management department training on this computer-based system; both aspects of training responsibility are required to ensure a continuous source of information and application method is utilized throughout the hospital.
* Duty 5: Work closely with the Storeroom Coordinators and the Shipping and Receiving Coordinator to ensure inventory quantities are kept at the desired levels, to keep ‘out of stocks’ at a minimum and over-stocked items distributed quickly to the end users or returned to the supplier, as appropriate. This includes frequent cross-training with these associates to help complete necessary functions during times of absence.
* Duty 6: Maintains the disaster planning and action plan manual for the materials management dept. which includes inventory maintenance on the disaster supply carts, to ensure pertinent planning and necessary, up to date supplies are readily at hand in case of a disaster plan activation.
* Duty 7: Relays pertinent information, in a timely manner, to the Purchasing Supervisor and/or the Materials Mgr., to ensure excellent inner-department communication.
* High school education or GED equivalent
* Must be competent with computer-based systems utilized by BVHA, including Excel, the Meditech system, with “super-user” background or potential for obtaining quickly and potentially other software interactions like Microsoft-Word.
* The individual must be able to physically handle occasional movement of supplies and equipment as detailed in ‘Physical Demands’, shown below.
* Some exposure to heat, noise, bodily injury and toxic substances.
* Positive service-oriented interpersonal and communication skills required.
* Additional continuing education and/or experience with inventory control practices, supplier contact, expediting and purchasing preferred.
This position requires a full range of body motion with
View Job at OMJ
8 total views
We are proud to offer priority of services to U.S. Military Veterans and eligible spouses.
OhioMeansJobs and Economic Development Partner Develop Resources to Help Employers Find Skilled Workers
OhioMeansJobs Hancock is partnering with Findlay-Hancock County Economic Development to help employers find skilled workers for their job openings.
OhioMeansJobs- Hancock offers several free business development resources designed to help