IT Support Analyst
IT Support Analyst at Webster Industries Summary/Objective This position requires an overall understanding of information technology, a willingness to learn, the desire to...
Job Views ( 8 )
Tiffin, OhioOther County
IT Support Analyst at Webster Industries
This position requires an overall understanding of information technology, a willingness to learn, the desire to help others by providing excellent technical support, and the self-discipline to stay on task with minimal supervision.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The IT Support Analyst will be responsible for providing technical support to the entire organization as well as working on IT projects, either independently or with other IT team members. The ideal candidate will be responsible for troubleshooting and resolving a broad range of issues including hardware, software, networking, phones, and other devices throughout the office, plant, and remote locations. This role will require the ability to organize and prioritize requests to optimize efficient resolutions. The candidate should have the ability to work on one or more projects concurrently and have the ability and desire to learn additional skills for career advancement.
- Provide technical support to end users, record and resolve Helpdesk calls, and escalate tickets when necessary.
- Accurately document Helpdesk tickets with resolution information.
- Diagnose and resolve client hardware and software issues.
- Perform routine maintenance and cleaning of IT equipment.
- Configure and install desktops, laptops, and peripheral devices.
- Install software upgrades and updates for firmware, patches, & drivers.
- Create & maintain technical and end-user documentation.
- Adhere to IT controls, ethics, and guidelines, including passwords and user credentials, to assure systems security and data integrity.
- Ability to work independently or with a team.
- Must have strong analytical & problem-solving skills.
- Windows Operating systems and Microsoft Office 365.
- Self-motivation and a willingness to take responsibility.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Computer hardware troubleshooting fundamentals.
Preferred (or can be learned on the job)
- Business application support including Epicor ERP.
- SQL Query writing.
- Report building, database concepts, and programming skills.
- Participate in software integration and user acceptance testing.
- Develop skills required to backup other IT duties and responsibilities.
This position has no direct supervisory responsibilities.
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position, and hours of work and days are Monday through Friday, 8:00am to 5:00pm. Occasional evening and weekend work may be required as job duties demand. Expected normal weekly hours 45 – 50 per week.
Some travel amongst locations may be required for this position.
A Bachelor or an Associate degree in an IT related field is required or equivalent (four years) work experience. Experience in a computer related support role is preferred. Demonstrated working knowledge of basic hardware and software products and problem-solving skills.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
None required for this position.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
View Job at OMJ
8 total views
We are proud to offer priority of services to U.S. Military Veterans and eligible spouses.
OhioMeansJobs and Economic Development Partner Develop Resources to Help Employers Find Skilled Workers
OhioMeansJobs Hancock is partnering with Findlay-Hancock County Economic Development to help employers find skilled workers for their job openings.
OhioMeansJobs- Hancock offers several free business development resources designed to help