IT Technician I
IT Technician I Full Time Regular Corporate Office, Fostoria, OH, US SUMMARY: The purpose of this position is to provide technical support for computer...
Job Views ( 14 )
Fostoria, OhioOther County
IT Technician I
SUMMARY: The purpose of this position is to provide technical support for computer hardware and software to local and remote users. This position will sustain the Mission and Motto and Food Safety and Quality Statement of the Mennel Milling Company.
PRIMARY WORK SHIFT: Monday through Friday 8AM-5PM. Works overtime and holidays as required.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily with or without accommodation.
- Answers, evaluates, and prioritizes incoming telephone and IT Helpdesk tickets from end users. Handles problem recognition, research, isolation, resolution and follow-up for routine user problems, referring more complex problems to Level II technical staff.
- Logs and tracks all calls using ticket tracking system.
- Assists in software and hardware upgrades and new installations.
- Prepare computers and peripherals for delivery, perform installation of appropriate software and complete network configuration.
- Assists in spyware and virus removal.
- Enters pertinent resolution information and procedures into knowledge base.
- Trains users on software and hardware, as required.
- Assist with maintaining records and technical documentation, including licensing.
- Assist the Director of IT in developing short & long-range goals.
- Continue to learn, through job experience, training and study, to stay abreast of the continually changing field of IT.
- Perform and document any required audit activities.
- Scheduled after hours work may be necessary to do required maintenance during off peak times or for emergency repairs.
- Documents service and installation actions by completing forms, reports, logs, and records.
- Establish and maintain effective communications with other IT team members.
- Maintain the fixed asset database of equipment, software and warranty requirements.
- Other duties may be assigned.
This position has no supervisory duties.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job:
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to conditions that are typical to an office environment.
TO APPLY: www.mennel.com/careers
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required to perform this job.
- A minimum of a High School Diploma or equivalent required; A technical degree in computer science or related field is preferred
- 3 years of related experience, including installing and supporting PCs and peripherals
- Requires ability to effectively prioritize and organize tasks, to ensure completion of assignments in an effective and efficient manner.
- Skilled with personal computers and software for use in work order entries.
- Must have a comprehensive knowledge of customers operations and utilities.
- Must exhibit a high aptitude of troubleshooting and problem-solving skills to solve short- and long-term problems.
- Must have exceptional time management skills
- Must have solid interpersonal skills with the ability to listen well, and work in a team environment with a positive attitude and with minimum supervision.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to travel up to 15%
Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, memos, procedures, and plans. Ability to write, complete checklists and other basic documentation and correspondence. Ability to effectively present information or data in one-on-one and small group situations to co-workers, supervisors, and managers.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
Must use solid judgment when making decisions. Must have ability to quickly recognize and plan for changing work duties and events.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job:
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to perform maintenance tasks, reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, twist, crouch, or crawl, and talk or hear. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds or more. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
View Job at OMJ
14 total views
We are proud to offer priority of services to U.S. Military Veterans and eligible spouses.
OhioMeansJobs and Economic Development Partner Develop Resources to Help Employers Find Skilled Workers
OhioMeansJobs Hancock is partnering with Findlay-Hancock County Economic Development to help employers find skilled workers for their job openings.
OhioMeansJobs- Hancock offers several free business development resources designed to help