Junior Senior High School Science Teacher 7-12
PLEASE POST FOSTORIA CITY SCHOOLS Fostoria, Ohio CERTIFICATED VACANCY NOTICE Posting Dates ...
Job Views ( 4 )
Fostoria, OhioOther County
Posting Dates June 1, 2021 – until filled
Positions: FJSHS Teacher – Science (7-12)
- Qualified candidate must hold valid Ohio Certificate/License
- Preference given to those who have previous teaching experience
- Candidate should possess knowledge, concepts, activities and resources for the position
Salary: Commensurate with experience and level of education.
Please submit the following information to: Andrew Sprang, Superintendent
- Letter of interest Fostoria Junior/Senior High School
- FCS Application 1001 Park Avenue
- Resume Fostoria, OH 44830
- Original Transcripts Phone: 419-436-4100
- Certificate/License Email: [email protected]
- BCI/FBI Checks
The Fostoria City School Board of Education and its staff are dedicated to providing equal education opportunities and equal employment opportunities without regard to military status, sex, race, color, creed, national origin, religion, genetic information, age or handicap. The regulations of Title II, VI, VII, (Civil Rights Act of 1964), equal pay act of 1963, Title IX and Section 504 are followed.
Title: TEACHER File 310
Reports to: Principal
Job Objectives: Plans, implements, and evaluates student learning experiences. Helps students identify goals and make appropriate choices. Encourages parental involvement.
Minimum · Valid Ohio teacher’s license or certificate appropriate for the assignment.
Qualifications: · Meets all mandated health requirements (e.g., a negative tuberculosis test, etc.).
- Documented evidence of a clear criminal record.
Responsibilities The following duties are representative of performance expectations. A reasonable
and Essential accommodation may be made to enable a qualified individual with a disability to
Functions: perform essential functions.
- Prepares the assigned classroom. Requisitions essential supplies and equipment. Promotes the proper use and care of school property.
- Teaches scheduled classes. Creates effective learning experiences. Ensures that written lesson plans align with the district’s adopted course of study.
- Upholds board policies and follows administrative procedures.
- Promotes a favorable image of the school district.
- Implements effective classroom management procedures. Maintains high standards for student conduct. Upholds the student conduct code.
- Develops and maintains a positive learning environment. Stimulates student interest. Helps parents and students understand academic and behavioral objectives.
- Evaluates the needs of students based on all available information. Plans student interventions. Varies instructional techniques to address individual learning styles.
- Communicates high expectations and shows an active interest in student progress.
- Helps students develop critical-thinking, problem-solving, and creativity skills.
- Collaborates with other teachers. Shares knowledge and resources that enhance the educational process.
- Incorporates the effective use of available technology in instructional and records management activities.
- Monitors use of the Intra/Internet to insure compliance with district guidelines.
- Helps students take full advantage of the learning environment (e.g., access and proximity to activities, use of adaptive equipment, etc.).
- Helps students enhance performance on proficiency tests and/or alternative assessments.
- Maintains accurate records and submits reports on time.
- Respects personal privacy. Maintains the confidentiality of privileged information.
- Evaluates students and assigns grades. Prepares periodic progress reports. Consults with parents as needed (e.g., telephone calls, conferences, etc.).
- Effectively uses support personnel to address student concerns (e.g., excessive absences, at-risk behavior, mental/physical health, family/peer relations, etc.).
- Reports evidence of suspected child abuse as required by law.
- Makes a referral to the student assistance team when a need is indicated. Works with team members to reach a consensus on a plan to address student concerns.
- Helps prepare and implement Section 504 and Individualized Education Plans (IEP) for classroom students meeting eligibility requirements.
- Supports an inclusive educational environment. Provides opportunities for students with disabilities to participate in appropriate peer group activities.
- Takes precautions to ensure student safety. Does not leave students unsupervised.
- Supervises non-classroom activities when assigned.
- Participates in after-school programs (e.g., open houses, etc.) as directed.
- Participates in professional growth opportunities to remain current with innovative instructional strategies.
- Accepts responsibility for personal decisions and conduct. Strives to develop rapport and serve as a positive role model for others.
- Performs other specific job-related duties as directed.
Abilities The following aptitudes and physical skills are essential for the successful
Supervisory Under the direction of the principal: plans meaningful work assignments, provides
Responsibility: instructions, and communicates expectations to assigned staff and volunteers. Monitors and helps assigned staff successfully accomplish delegated duties.
Working Exposure to the following situations may range from remote to frequent based on
Conditions: circumstances and factors that may not be predictable.
- Potential for exposure to blood borne pathogens and communicable diseases.
- Potential for interaction with disruptive and/or unruly individuals.
- Exposure to adverse weather conditions and seasonal temperature extremes.
- Duties may require operating and/or riding in a vehicle.
- Duties may require detailed paperwork.
- Duties may require working under time constraints to meet deadlines.
- Duties may require working during the evening and/or weekend.
Performance Job performance is evaluated according to the policy provisions adopted by the
Evaluation: Fostoria City School District Board of Education.
The Fostoria City School District Board of Education is an equal opportunity employer offering employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, or disability. This job description summary does not imply that these are the only duties to be performed. This job description is subject to change in response to funding variables, emerging technologies, improved operating procedures, productivity factors, and unforeseen events.
Required: performance of assigned duties.
- Demonstrates professionalism and maintains a positive work attitude.
- Skillfully manages individual, group, and organizational interactions.
- Communicates effectively using verbal, nonverbal, and writing skills.
- Organizes tasks and manages time effectively.
- Averts problem situations and intervenes to resolve conflicts.
- Lifts, carries, and/or moves instructional supplies and equipment.
- Performs activities that may require reaching, crouching, and/or kneeling.
- Uses self-control, perseverance, and physical skill to manage students.
- Maintains an acceptable attendance record and is punctual.
- Travels to meetings and work assignments.
View Job at OMJ
4 total views
We are proud to offer priority of services to U.S. Military Veterans and eligible spouses.
OhioMeansJobs and Economic Development Partner Develop Resources to Help Employers Find Skilled Workers
OhioMeansJobs Hancock is partnering with Findlay-Hancock County Economic Development to help employers find skilled workers for their job openings.
OhioMeansJobs- Hancock offers several free business development resources designed to help