LAB – Laboratory Processor – 36 hrs/wk, 2nd shift
PURPOSE OF THIS POSITION The primary purpose of this position is for specimen handling, facilitating the workflow in the laboratory,...
Job Views ( 6 )
Findlay, OhioHancock County
PURPOSE OF THIS POSITION
The primary purpose of this position is for specimen handling, facilitating the workflow in the laboratory, performing a variety of clerical duties and interacting with customers internally and externally. This position is responsible for the pre and post analytical phase of laboratory testing including: registration, order entry, order interpretation, specimen identification/labeling, responding to phones and the tube system, problem resolution, sending reports to clients and processing send out specimens.
* Duty 1: Customer Service/Service Excellence
* Uses customer’s name and smiles when communicating. Is timely in response to customers’ needs. Communication reflects BVHS script, and culture of Service Excellence. Practices effective communication skills, i.e. listening, phone skills, etc. and maintains a respectful and courteous attitude on the phone. Shows proper behavior while working with patients. Is friendly and courteous to other professions from physicians to nursing personnel as well as within the laboratory. Makes suggestions in a positive, tactful manner. Maintains clean, neat, professional appearance, i.e. wears ID badge, and complies with department dress code.
* Duty 2: Clerical Duties – Distributes lab results to proper ordering physician location, transmits all requested fax results while monitoring incomplete faxes, call results when requested.
* Duty 3: Reference Lab Testing – Properly prepares specimens to be sent to reference laboratories. Is competent in the use of reference lab software: ordering tests and supplies, receiving results, completing batches and investing test requests. Can determine when a lab test result may be overdue and will make proper queries to determine the reason. Files reports in proper location in a timely manner.
* Duty 4: Communication – Shows good judgment in handling phone questions directing them to the proper department or finding answers themselves. Makes good decisions regarding directing lab requests to proper person and when transferring call, asks permission to leave the call to voice mail if there is no answer. Makes proper use of suggestions and constructive criticisms made by others.
* Duty 5: Registration -Performs accurate and complete registration of all specimens delivered to the lab while meeting acceptable registration accuracy rates. Makes sure that all information fields are completed and accurate and insurance information is current. Completes scanning of all orders into system PCI.
* Duty 6: Order Entry – Performs accurate and complete order entry of all outreach specimens delivered to the laboratory. Makes sure that all testing indicated on the physician order form is correctly entered, the appropriate specimen/order information is entered into the Incoming Specimen Log, and all specimens are properly labeled.
* Duty 7: Competency – Completes all mandatory learning requirements for specific job along with assigned laboratory competency requirements and documentation. Works within and consistent to the Mission, Vision and Values of the association and successfully pursues completion of all personal and departmental goals. Exhibits self-directed motivation for continuing education related to maintaining and enhancing skills for, and potentially beyond, current job title. Regularly demonstrates thorough knowledge of current job duties. Keeps aware of changes in technology of area. Stays familiar with up-to-date equipment. Attends in-services which apply to the job and is active in laboratory meetings.
* Duty 8: Organization Skills -Is able to maintain organization in a confusing area. Is able to plan the day to insure effecti
View Job at OMJ
6 total views
We are proud to offer priority of services to U.S. Military Veterans and eligible spouses.
OhioMeansJobs and Economic Development Partner Develop Resources to Help Employers Find Skilled Workers
OhioMeansJobs Hancock is partnering with Findlay-Hancock County Economic Development to help employers find skilled workers for their job openings.
OhioMeansJobs- Hancock offers several free business development resources designed to help