LAB – Medical Lab Technician or Technologist (MLT/MT) $7,500 Bonus, 36 hrs/wk, 3rd shift
PURPOSE OF THIS POSITION Obtain specimens for laboratory testing. Exercises efficient performance of technical procedures in chemistry, hematology, microscopic evaluations,...
Job Views ( 5 )
Findlay, OhioHancock County
PURPOSE OF THIS POSITION
Obtain specimens for laboratory testing. Exercises efficient performance of technical procedures in chemistry, hematology, microscopic evaluations, and microbiology. Performs and assesses laboratory quality control. Does regular preventive maintenance on laboratory equipment. Uses good technique and shows good judgement in evaluating patient data.
* Duty 1: Organizes department. Develops orientation protocol. Orients and teaches students as necessary. Regularly demonstrates a thorough knowledge of current job duties. Keeps aware of new techniques in the field by reading and attending meetings. Participates actively in laboratory staff meetings. Keeps abreast of posted information from memos, minutes of meetings and department communication logs.
* Duty 2: Uses customer’s name and smiles when communicating. Is timely in response to customers’ needs. Communication reflects BVHA script and culture of Service Excellence. Practices effective communication skills, i.e. listening, phone skills, etc. Performance reflects relationship to BVHA mission, vision and values. Maintains clean, neat, professional appearance, i.e. wears ID badge, and complies with department dress code.
* Duty 3: Obtains blood specimens using correct technique, labels legibly and completely. Properly processes laboratory requisitions and specimens. Insures that adequate supplies are available for assigned departments. Keeps work area clean and neat. Makes sure area is disinfected regularly.
* Duty 4: Performs routine daily set-up and maintenance procedures on laboratory equipment. Records all data in proper place, evaluates and repairs if data is outside specifications. Informs Coordinator or Laboratory Director of any malfunctioning laboratory equipment or reagents. Troubleshoots, repairs, or calls repair person when necessary. Performs with a minimum of errors. Works neatly and with accuracy regardless of volume of work. Helps Coordinator evaluate and set up new laboratory procedures or instruments.
* Duty 5: Completed assignments reflect an average rating or better for quality of work. Shows willingness to assist other laboratory personnel as time permits. Works at a suitable pace. Can adjust as workload increases. Maintains organization of area in spite of frequent interruptions.
* Duty 6: Maintains quality control records. Assesses quality control results to ensure good test results are reported. Follows proper procedure when found to be in an out-of-control situation. Demonstrates good understanding of Quality Control. Makes sure to communicate to other personnel any quality control or instrument problem, especially between shifts. Reviews quality control data to ensure good quality of work is being maintained. Correctly monitors and evaluates quality control information.
* Duty 7: Properly records results on report forms including date and initials. Shows good judgment in determining accuracy of reported laboratory results. Consistently reviews other pertinent laboratory data to better assess abnormal test results.
* Duty 8: Shows good organizational skills to ensure the patient’s results are available in a timely manner. Prioritizes correctly to ensure that most important work is completed first. Plans for the effective insertion of STATS into a busy schedule. Uses systematic approach to all areas of work.
* Duty 9: Interacts well with patients. Interacts well with physicians. Cooperates with other professionals both inside and outside t
View Job at OMJ
5 total views
We are proud to offer priority of services to U.S. Military Veterans and eligible spouses.
OhioMeansJobs and Economic Development Partner Develop Resources to Help Employers Find Skilled Workers
OhioMeansJobs Hancock is partnering with Findlay-Hancock County Economic Development to help employers find skilled workers for their job openings.
OhioMeansJobs- Hancock offers several free business development resources designed to help