Laundry Assistant – (FT & PT) – 6a-2:30p
Job Description Autumnwood Care Center is looking for a full & part time Laundry Assistant to join our Tiffin, OH Team! The...
Job Views ( 8 )
Tiffin, OhioOther County
Autumnwood Care Center is looking for a full & part time Laundry Assistant to join our Tiffin, OH Team!
The Shift hours are as follows:
The Full time Hours are: Day shift on every other weekend 72 hours 6:00am – 2:30pm – weekends
The Part time Hours are: Day shift on every other weekeend 32 hours 6:00am – 2:30pm – weekends
* Performs defined department procedures using various chemicals, detergents, supplies, and equipment for collecting sorting, washing, drying, folding and distributing facility linen and residents’ personal clothing.
* Inspects articles for cleanliness, stains and tears; sorts them for re-washing, spot removal and mending.
* Observes equipment for changes in pressure, water levels, temperature and chemical flow.
* Marks identification information on articles of clothing using press-on labels.
* Follows established procedures for storing, labeling and securing laundry chemicals.
* Collect soiled linen from nursing units. If linen barrels are used, reline with plastic liners. Wash out barrels with detergent/disinfectant as necessary and allow to dry.
* Follow infection control procedures and universal precautions using gowns/aprons and gloves as required.
* Sort soiled linen according to facility procedure.
* Wash and dry according to procedures for each machine.
* Fold clean linens. Stack in central linen supply closet.
* Separate personal clothing. Fold undergarments; hand dresses, blouses, shirts and pants on hangers. Distribute to proper resident room.
* Distribute clean linens as directed.
* Clean washers, dryers and laundry room as directed.
1 Previous institutional laundering service experience.
2 Ability to understand and follow procedure, work assignments, instructions, warnings and labels. Ability to speak, read, write and understand English.
3 Adequate strength and endurance to meet the strenuous physical demands of such responsibilities as loading and unloading washers and dryers; coordination necessary to fold and iron clothing items and linen.
4 Ability to work in an area that is often hot and humid.
5 Motor coordination and manual dexterity to sort and fold linens, load and unload washers and dryers.
6 Finger dexterity to pick up articles and manipulate them into various types of folds and to set machines.
7 Color vision to ascertain stains and separate colored garments from white.
8 Ability to work as a team member.
9 Ability to relate positively, effectively and appropriately with residents, families, visitors and other facility personnel.
View Job at OMJ
8 total views
We are proud to offer priority of services to U.S. Military Veterans and eligible spouses.
OhioMeansJobs and Economic Development Partner Develop Resources to Help Employers Find Skilled Workers
OhioMeansJobs Hancock is partnering with Findlay-Hancock County Economic Development to help employers find skilled workers for their job openings.
OhioMeansJobs- Hancock offers several free business development resources designed to help