Lead Cook (Supervisor)
Come join our awesome team as a Lead Cook (Cook/Supervisor) at Tiffin Rehabilitation Center. We are offering generous benefits! Tiffin Rehabilitation...
Job Views ( 6 )
Tiffin, OhioOther County
Come join our awesome team as a Lead Cook (Cook/Supervisor) at Tiffin Rehabilitation Center. We are offering generous benefits!
Tiffin Rehabilitation Center:
Tiffin Rehabilitation Center is part of Volunteers of America National Services which serves as the Housing and Healthcare affiliate of the Volunteers of America parent organization.
Lead Cook (Cook/Supervisor) Job Highlights:
* 403(b) Retirement Plan;
* Career scholarships;
* Quality training, continuing career education and leadership programs;
* Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
* Paid Time Off (Vacation, Holiday & Sick Days)
* Salary Range: $16-$17 per hour
About the job:
The Charge Cook (Cook/Supervisor) will provide quality food service in accordance with all State and Federal regulations and to meet the nutritional and individual needs of the resident.
Shift Details: Morning and Afternoon Shifts I Every other weekend
* Completes defined food preparation, serving of meals and cleaning duties according to proper procedures, using various dietary equipment and supplies, as assigned by the Director of Food and Nutrition Services and Management Team.
* Plans and initiates cooking schedule for food preparation to meet meal schedule.
* Prepares, seasons, cooks and serves meat, main dish, soup and vegetable for assigned meal; ensures appropriate portioned servings according to portion control standards.
* Prepares nutritional snacks for residents as assigned.
* Tastes and smells prepared food to determine quality and palatability.
* Monitors temperature of hot and cold foods through food preparation and service to ensure that established temperature goals are met prior to steam table transfer and maintained throughout meal service.
* Stores leftovers properly, plans for use of leftover foods in accordance with State and Federal sanitation regulations.
* Supervises dietary staff in the absence of the Director of Food and Nutrition Services and Assistant Manager of Food and Nutrition Services; initiate replacement calls for absentees and re-organizes work assignments as directed.
About Tiffin Rehabilitation Center:Apply here: https://www.aplitrak.com/?adid=YmJnZW5lcmljLjM5OTUwLjEwNTA4QHZvYW5zY29tcC5hcGxpdHJhay5jb20
Required Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
* Must be eighteen (18) years of age.
* HS diploma or equivalent
* General knowledge of quantity food preparation and portioned serving required.
* Ability to communicate and work effectively with various levels of staff, residents, family members and the public.
* Ability to make various computations in monitoring inventory, recipe preparation, and keeping work records.
* Possesses adequate strength and endurance to meet the strenuous physical demands of preparing and carrying quantity foods.
* Possesses coordination and dexterity required to prepare food and operate dietary equipment.
* Visual acuity and color discrimination for examining cooked and stored foods; taste and smell discrimination in determining nutritional quality and palatability of foods.
* Work in an area that is often very hot/cold.
* Ability to utilize computers and other electronic devices for tasks such as timekeeping, in-servicing and documentation.
* Minimum of one year food service experience in an industrial setting.
* Friendly and enjoy working with the elderly.
View Job at OMJ
6 total views
We are proud to offer priority of services to U.S. Military Veterans and eligible spouses.
OhioMeansJobs and Economic Development Partner Develop Resources to Help Employers Find Skilled Workers
OhioMeansJobs Hancock is partnering with Findlay-Hancock County Economic Development to help employers find skilled workers for their job openings.
OhioMeansJobs- Hancock offers several free business development resources designed to help