Lifeguard Substitute (Open Positions: 4) Closes On: December 19, 2021 at 11:59 PM EST Location: Wood County Board of Development Disabilities,...
Job Views ( 16 )
Bowling Green, OhioWood County
We are seeking an energetic and dynamic Lifeguard substitute.
The Wood County Board of Developmental Disabilities (WCBDD) coordinates services for over 1,000 people with developmental disabilities in Wood County. Our mission is to support, empower, and inspire all people. The ideal candidate will be a highly self-motivated problem solver, flexible, detailed oriented and is a team player with time management and organizational skills. who is a team player with time management and leadership skills.
The Lifeguard maintains constant surveillance of patrons in the facility; acts immediately and appropriately to secure safety of patrons in the event of emergency.
Position description for Lifeguard substitute.pdf
- Retirement through Ohio Public Employees Retirement System (OPERS)
- Sick leave
Conditions of Employment
- Must be 18 years old.
- Successful completion of general orientation.
- Receipt of seven acceptable background required by ORC 3319.39 & OAC 5123:2-2-02.
- Must obtain and maintain any training, licenses, registration, or certification mandated by the Board and the State of Ohio.
- Must have a medical examination and a one-step PPD test to determine fitness for duty prior to providing direct care service or within 30 days of employment whichever comes first.
- Possess/maintain an acceptable motor vehicle record (if required for position) per board guidelines. NOTE: Use of personal vehicle for transporting individuals requires proof of liability insurance.
- Receipt of acceptable criminal background report from Bureau of Criminal Identification (BCI) and county sheriff ‘s office of permanent address before starting position as required by ORC 3319.39 and/or OAC 5123.081. OAC 5123:2-2-02.
The Wood County Board of Developmental Disabilities is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Employment policies and decisions on employment and promotion are based on merit, qualifications, performance, and business needs. The decisions and criteria governing the employment relationship with all employees are made in a nondiscriminatory manner, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, age, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, veteran status, military status, genetic information, or other unlawful reason according to federal, state, or local statutes.
If you are a person with a disability and require accommodations please advise our EEO Officer.
Application Special Instructions
ALL APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED NO LATER THAN 11:59 p.m. ON THE STATED DEADLINE DATE.
Please ensure all required documents have been completed/included. Incomplete applications or applications received after the posting deadline will not be considered.
You will receive a confirmation email from upon successful completion of your application.
Must have current, valid lifeguard certification issued from American Red Cross, YMCA, Ellis & Associates or Boy Scouts of America.
Must have a working permit for every minor 16 through 17 years of age.
Skill in the application of lifeguarding surveillance and rescue techniques.
Must have the ability to react calmly and effectively in emergency situations.
Completed, submitted application
Minimum Qualification Standards:
Must be able to move individuals who are receiving services including adults and children in a safe manner. Must be able to lift, carry and move office supplies, materials, and equipment required for day-to-day operations.
If required by the position you must maintain a current driver’s license in your residing state for the purpose of transporting individuals who are receiving services and/or operation of a Board owned vehicle.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
|Lifeguard Sub –
View Job at OMJ
16 total views
We are proud to offer priority of services to U.S. Military Veterans and eligible spouses.
OhioMeansJobs and Economic Development Partner Develop Resources to Help Employers Find Skilled Workers
OhioMeansJobs Hancock is partnering with Findlay-Hancock County Economic Development to help employers find skilled workers for their job openings.
OhioMeansJobs- Hancock offers several free business development resources designed to help