Advanced Drainage Systems EEO Statement: Advanced Drainage Systems is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive...
Job Views ( 54 )
Findlay, OhioHancock County
Advanced Drainage Systems
Advanced Drainage Systems is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Job ID: 2021-9011
Type: Regular Full-Time
# of Openings: 1
Advanced Drainage Systems
We seek out the best talent and offer tremendous opportunity for growth, competitive compensation and benefits for individuals who want a career with a great company that maintains a family feel.
Although our products are typically underground and go unnoticed by most people, we come to work every day to provide cleaner, more sustainable and longer lasting water management products that allow people to live their lives more comfortably and healthily.ADS products prevent fields from eroding and homes from flooding. They keep crops growing, roads and airports in use and prevent contamination of local waterways.
With a history of breaking new ground and advancing our industry, we are seeking talented people to join our dynamic company. Thanks to our people ADS has become an industry leader and our people recognize the vital role they play in sustaining our environment and water management.
A Line Operator is responsible for performing and maintaining the daily activities associated with a production line. This includes housekeeping, safety, quality, maintaining production efficiencies, repair and maintenance and minimizing downtime. This position requires the flexibility to work 40+ hours per week and weekends as required. Ability to work varying shifts is also required due to equipment changeovers.
This position requires the flexibility to work 40+ hours per week and weekends as required. At ADS we offer both 8 & 12-hour shifts.
Joining our team has great benefits, here’s just a few for our 12-hour shift opportunities:
Work-life balance, with more days off per month you’ll enjoy time away from work. You can plan your life around predictable schedules and extra days off for personal interests, hobbies, and wellness activities.
Increased pay as our 12-hour shift will increase take-home pay because you’ll earn at least 8 hours of OT each pay period.
Personal Savings as our 12-hour shift employees will have fewer workdays per week which mean fewer hours commuting and lower expenses related to getting to and from work. At ADS this equals six less trips to work per month.
Whether you want an 8 or 12-hour shift, we have it all available!
The responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to:
- Embraces a culture of safety
- Manages a plastic extrusion line to ensure finished goods meet quality specifications that meet customer needs
- Utilizes standard operating procedures to ensure the production line is running with specifications
- Leads with line tooling changes, start-ups and shutdowns
- Maintains a safe work environment through practicing proper PPE and housekeeping compliance.
- Accurately completes shift production and reporting paperwork.
- Conducts regular product sampling to ensure consistent quality
- Assist with Preventative Maintenance program
- Meets or exceeds standard production efficiencies on all production lines.
- Maintains and increases ability to operate various production lines through certifications
- Troubleshoot process and mechanical problems and perform repairs and adjustments to meet production needs as required.
- Perform tooling changeovers in a safe and efficient manner
- Maintain a safe working environment that includes the consistent use of Personal Protection Equipment to ensure your safety
- Practice continuous improvement which not only includes the line but also facility housekeeping
We offer a competitive salary and an excellent benefits program including:
- Retirement Plan
- Paid Holidays/ Vacation Days
- And much more
This position should possess the following skills/knowledge:
- Mechanical troubleshooting and repair abilities.
- Basic computer skills.
- Analytical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Ability to operate heavy machinery, i.e. forklifts, in a safe manner
- Reading and Writing skills
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Previous manufacturing machine operation or extrusion experience
- Ability to perform physical labor for extended periods of time in fluctuating temperatures.
- Position requires full range of body motion including twisting, bending, reaching, squatting and ability to mount/dismount industrial equipment and vehicles.
- Ability to stand and be mobile throughout a 12-hour shift.
- Ability to use hands, arms and legs to physically handle and transport finished goods.
View Job at OMJ
54 total views
We are proud to offer priority of services to U.S. Military Veterans and eligible spouses.
OhioMeansJobs and Economic Development Partner Develop Resources to Help Employers Find Skilled Workers
OhioMeansJobs Hancock is partnering with Findlay-Hancock County Economic Development to help employers find skilled workers for their job openings.
OhioMeansJobs- Hancock offers several free business development resources designed to help