Maintenance Level 2 (First Shift)
Hirzel Canning Company feeds people. Hirzel Canning Company & Farms is a 5th generation family company with a passion for serving...
Job Views ( 5 )
Ottawa, OhioOther County
Hirzel Canning Company feeds people.
Hirzel Canning Company & Farms is a 5th generation family company with a passion for serving the community. Our Dei Fratelli brand is your source for locally-grown tomato and sauerkraut products. With locations in Northwood, Pemberville, and Ottawa, Ohio, you do not need to go far from home to work with people that have the passion to make a difference in the food we consume today.
At Hirzel, we employ individuals that are looking for a place to grow and make a difference in the communities we serve.We seek individuals that share our core values, our commitment to future generations, and our passion for providing food that brings families together.
A few of the benefits you’ll experience at Hirzel Canning Company are
- Competitive Pay
- Employer 401(k) Matching
- Health Savings Account
- Health and Wellness Program
- Community Involvement
- Family-Centric Environment
Come work for a company that believes in you as much as we believe in our products!
JOB SUMMARY & KEY OBJECTIVES:
Responsible for performing highly diversified duties to install, troubleshoot, repair and maintain facility equipment according to safety,predictive and productive maintenance systems and processes. Other duties include fabrication work in support of equipment and systems.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES & ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
- Maintain machines and associated safety equipment
- Perform emergency/unscheduled repairs of equipment as well as scheduled maintenance repairs of equipment
- Perform maintenance duties including but not limited to mechanical, electrical, pneumatic, hydraulic, troubleshooting and repair of equipment, welding, cutting, fabrication.
- Diagnose problems, replace or repair parts, test and make adjustments
- Perform regular preventive maintenance on machines, equipment and plant facilities
- Detect faulty operations and defective material that may affect safety, quality or production and report those and any unusual situations to Maintenance Supervisor or Plant Manager
- Follow all safety rules, guidelines, OSHA requirements and GMPs. Remain observant of unsafe work areas, unsafe working conditions and/or unsafe employees and report these conditions immediately to the Plant Manager
- Perform maintenance tasks based on pictures, blueprints, written descriptions and oral instruction from supervisors.
- Attend job training and safety programs as directed by supervisor
- Maintain maintenance tools and equipment in safe, clean and good working condition
- Maintain complete records of daily maintenance activities
- Perform installations, assembling, fittings, repairs and replacements as needed
- Commitment to our purpose and core values
- Commitment to performing job duties in a safe manner and watching out for the safety of others
- Compliance with all Company policies and procedures.
- Takes ownership of work to make sure it is completed accurately, efficiently and on time. Will work with a sense of urgency, enthusiasm, and commitment and will encourage others to do the same.
- Will promote a positive attitude. Responsible to establish and maintain positive working relationships that are based on respect for all.
- Will embrace Plant/Company change and support its implementation.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Reaching with hands and arms
- Communication through speech and hearing and in writing
- Ability to work overtime
- Ability to work extended hours/days during harvest season
- Daily requirements:
- Bending, twisting, turning, reaching below the knee, pushing, pulling, squatting, kneeling, standing, walking, sitting, climbing stairs
- Lifting requirements:
- Will regularly lift and/or move up to 25 pounds
- Will frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds
- High School Diploma or GED required. Related degree from technical school or college preferred
- Proven maintenance experience including prior work history in facility/equipment maintenance or automotive maintenance experience
- Experience performing routine and preventive maintenance, handyman work
- 1 – 2 years minimum required experience
- Owns toolbox and maintains in good condition
- Skilled in the use of hand and power tools
- Ability to read blueprints, repair manuals and parts catalogs as necessary
- Ability to read precision measuring instruments or electronic testing devices
- Ability to disassemble any equipment with bearings and seals, remove and repair drivetrain components
- Knows how to take care of own tools
- Maintains professional presentation and attitude
- Ability to maintain focus while working independently
- Strong time management skills
- Ability to collaborate with others and work as a team on larger projects
NOTE: Attendance on the job each and every day is absolutely essential to the efficient operation of the Company.
The responsibilities and duties outlined in this document are not all-inclusive and are subject to change at the discretion of management based upon the needs of the company.
In the absence of key personnel the supervisor will assume responsibility to see the functions of this job are performed as required.
View Job at OMJ
5 total views
We are proud to offer priority of services to U.S. Military Veterans and eligible spouses.
OhioMeansJobs and Economic Development Partner Develop Resources to Help Employers Find Skilled Workers
OhioMeansJobs Hancock is partnering with Findlay-Hancock County Economic Development to help employers find skilled workers for their job openings.
OhioMeansJobs- Hancock offers several free business development resources designed to help