Maintenance Supervisor- Maintenance
Who We Are: We are Hearthside Food Solutions, a new kind of food company, and the industry’s largest contract...
Job Views ( 4 )
McComb, OhioHancock County
We are Hearthside Food Solutions, a new kind of food company, and the industry’s largest contract manufacturer. You won’t find our logo on store shelves, but our passion for quality and efficiency is evident in every product we make.
We are one of the fastest growing food companies in the US; Part of the new wave of American manufacturers and we are looking for people with the right stuff!
The Maintenance Supervisor is responsible for supervising and executing all aspects of the Maintenance department with customers, suppliers, local and corporate-wide HFS employees and the manufacturing staff.The incumbent is also responsible for training and mentoring members of the Maintenance department and support the facility.This position exists to ensure the utmost quality of all products being produced and packaged at the plant.
Duties may include, but are not limited to the following:
- Responsible for the overall direction, coordination and evaluation of these employees.Also, directly supervise non-supervisory (lead/technician) employees.
- Carry out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable federal, state and local laws.Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring and training new employees; planning, assigning and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving issues.
- Responsible for maintaining a 5S environment.
- Responsible for scheduling, maintaining and approving maintenance employee’s work hours on a daily basis. Work with employees to investigate any scheduling and/or payroll-related issues.
- Responsible for complying with customer service and Company standards.
- Reviews production and operating reports and resolves operational, manufacturing, and maintenance problems to ensure minimum costs and prevent operational delays. Inspect machines and equipment to ensure specific operational performance and optimum utilization.
- Resolves employee complaints or submits unsettled complaints to the Employee & Community Relations Manager for action. Handle all disciplinary actions and employee disputes.
- Train, develop and evaluate all employees to meet future needs.
- Attend meetings; make presentations, etc. as needed.
- Follow Good Manufacturing Practices (GMPs) at all times.
- Comply with all safety, health and environmental regulations as prescribed by law.
- Comply with all Company rules, regulations and policies.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer
Equal Opportunity Employer – minorities/females/veterans/individuals with disabilities/sexual orientation/gender identity
Required Competencies & Knowledge:
- Knowledge and experience with EAM and SAP.
- Knowledge of OSHA regulations and standards.
- Knowledge of NFPA 70E Arc Flash program.
- Knowledge of gas-fired ovens including, but not limited to: gas trains, pressure switches, safety circuits and zone balancing.
- Demonstrated proficiency in electrical knowledge including AC/DC circuits, motor controls and troubleshooting/repair of up to 480 volt systems.
- Demonstrated proficiency in PLC troubleshooting (limited programming skilled required).
- Demonstrated proficiency in power transmission troubleshooting/repair.
- Demonstrated proficiency in reading blue prints (facility and infrastructure), ladder logic and pneumatic.
- Conflict resolution.
- Prioritize work based on short and long-term objectives.
- Successfully analyze and present data to multiple levels of the organization.
- Personnel and performance management.
Ability to :
- Ability to define problems, collects data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, while being able to make sound decisions.
- Communicate in English to give and acknowledge instructions/problems.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram and schedule form.
- Ability to respond to common inquiries and complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, employees and members of the business community.
- Ability to effectively present information to employees, management and public groups.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in various units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals.
- Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios and proportions to practical situations.
- Ability to use hands and fingers. Reaching with hands/arms throughout shift.
- Ability to see, hear and talk. Ability to distinguish colors. Ability to work in light to moderate noise levels where hearing protection is required.
- May work near moving mechanical parts and may be exposed to fumes, airborne particles and vibration.
- Good hand/eye coordination and manual dexterity for repetitive tasks.
- Ability to lift/move up to 50 lbs. Push/pull items up to 2600 lbs. with assistance.
- Walk up to 100 yards to work and break areas.
- May climb steps to and from work and break areas.
- Repetitive reaching overhead, under and across throughout shift.
- Repetitive bending, stooping and twisting throughout shift.
- May crawl under equipment to reach work area.
- Stand eight hours per shift.
- Physical and mental ability to work in excess of 40 hours per week.
- Perform general housekeeping, including sweeping, mopping, etc.
- Ability to work in variable temperatures and weather conditions. Ability to work in wet, humid areas.
- Two-year college degree in business or related field preferred; Four-year college degree a plus.
- (3) Three – (5) Five years supervisory experience in a manufacturing environment;
- Experience in a non-union manufacturing environment a plus.
- Proficient in MS Office applications such as Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint and Word.
- Excellent communication, conflict management, decision-making, motivational and organizational skills required.
- Strong self-confidence and leadership skills required.
- Must be able to uphold Hearthside’s mission, vision and values on a daily basis.
View Job at OMJ
4 total views
We are proud to offer priority of services to U.S. Military Veterans and eligible spouses.
OhioMeansJobs and Economic Development Partner Develop Resources to Help Employers Find Skilled Workers
OhioMeansJobs Hancock is partnering with Findlay-Hancock County Economic Development to help employers find skilled workers for their job openings.
OhioMeansJobs- Hancock offers several free business development resources designed to help