About the Role: At Kalmbach Feeds we want our Maintenance team to enjoy competitive pay with a full line of benefits...
Job Views ( 2 )
Upper Sandusky, OhioWyandot County
About the Role:
At Kalmbach Feeds we want our Maintenance team to enjoy competitive pay with a full line of benefits including three weeks paid time off in the first year! The maintenance technician is responsible for performing highly diversified duties to install, troubleshoot, repair and maintain production facility equipment according to safety and productive maintenance systems and processes to support the achievement of the facility’s business goals and objectives. The maintenance team requires someone with a high level of autonomy and requires a self-starter with a positive and proactive approach. The successful candidate must work effectively with all departments, management and employees.
- You repair, replace, remove, and/or modify manufacturing structures and equipment to correct feed manufacturing problems of a mechanical, electrical, and/or structural nature.
- You maintain accurate daily records of all work performed daily in the computerized maintenance management system
- You have knowledge of or be willing to obtain knowledge of PLC
- You are able to wear a full face respirator and pass pulmonary testing
- You are able to operate tow motors, pallet jacks, aerial man lifts
- You assess, diagnose, and evaluate feed manufacturing problems of a mechanical, electrical, and/or structural nature.
- You perform preventative maintenance (e.g. lubrication, inspection, etc.) for feed manufacturing structures and equipment.
- You maintain work area, tools, parts, and equipment in a clean and organized manner for the purposes of safety, efficiency, and appearance.
- You perform other related corrective maintenance functions or duties as needed.
About the Company:
Kalmbach Feeds offers the highest quality nutritional products for livestock, poultry, and companion animals. The company was founded in 1963 by Milton and Ruth Kalmbach with a vision to develop the finest products, providing customers with the best possible nutritional value. The Kalmbach family’s traditional core values have served as the compass for consistent success for over five decades, and the company has become the regional leader within the animal nutrition industry.
Kalmbach Feeds enjoys an excellent reputation for quality and integrity within the animal nutrition industry and is comprised of smart self-starters who are driven to serve customers. Our experienced, talented team utilizes cutting-edge technology and proprietary processes to deliver safe, innovative products. Our stringent ingredient testing, computer automated systems, patented technologies, dedicated manufacturing facilities, and in-house nutrition specialists guarantee it.
What you will enjoy:
- $1,500 Sign on Bonus – $500 paid 30 days after DOH, $500 after 6 months, $500 after 1 year
- Medical, Dental, and Life Insurance plans
- Competitive compensation
- 401K with company match
- 3 weeks paid time off in first year
- Short-term and Long-term Disability
- Medical Reimbursement Plan
- Access to company condo in Fort Myers, FL
Kalmbach Feeds is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Each applicant for employment is considered solely based on job qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, national origin, veteran status, or any other classification protected by law.
The information in your resume and application, including employment history, educational history and references, are subject to verification.
Pre-employment drug screen (hair and urine), physical, and criminal background check required
Only qualified candidates will be contacted.
Who You Are:
- Safety/OSHA knowledge.
- Must having a valid driver’s license with no suspensions
- Ability to meet tight schedules and handle multiple assignments.
- Electrical and mechanical experience in a manufacturing environment.
- PLC troubleshooting preferred.
- Ability to read electrical prints.
- Ability to install, diagnose, repair, wire and maintain a variety of production and building equipment.
- Must be able to work on raised platforms and high area
- Must be able to work in a dusty environment
- Demonstrates sense of urgency and ability to handle multiple assignments efficiently
- Must be able to lift 50 pounds minimum.
- Basic welding experience.
- Minimum of 3 years maintenance experience in a manufacturing environment. 5 year’s experience preferred.
- Some tasks will be outside in all kinds of weather
- GED/ HS diploma required.
- Must be willing to work a variety of shifts, weekends and overtime.
View Job at OMJ
2 total views
We are proud to offer priority of services to U.S. Military Veterans and eligible spouses.
OhioMeansJobs and Economic Development Partner Develop Resources to Help Employers Find Skilled Workers
OhioMeansJobs Hancock is partnering with Findlay-Hancock County Economic Development to help employers find skilled workers for their job openings.
OhioMeansJobs- Hancock offers several free business development resources designed to help