Mammography Technician (PRN)
PURPOSE OF THIS POSITION The purpose of a Mammography Technologist is to provide diagnostic radiographs initially and completely for the...
Job Views ( 0 )
Findlay, OhioHancock County
PURPOSE OF THIS POSITION
The purpose of a Mammography Technologist is to provide diagnostic radiographs initially and completely for the purposes of diagnosis and/or treatment of anatomical and physiologic disorders under the directions and supervision of a Radiologist while maintaining professional ethics.
* Duty 1: Demonstrates complete working knowledge of all mammography and bone density equipment.
* Duty 2: Selects proper technical factors and positions patient properly to insure high quality radiographs that demonstrate appropriate anatomy and mammograms that meet MQSA standards.
* Duty 3: Correctly identifies radiographs and mammograms with patient name and appropriate anatomical markings, insuring all paperwork is complete and correct prior to submission to radiologist.
* Duty 4: Is able to function in both mammography and bone density modalities.
* Duty 5: Prepares film release forms, copies films, or burns compact discs to release to patient or physician according to department policy and compliant with HIPAA rules and regulations.
* Duty 6: Demonstrates the ability to assist Radiologist during needle placement procedures by adequately having prepared the room with all needed supplies in order to complete that exam. Follows universal precaution guidelines in handling the patients and specimens
* Duty 7: Uses effective and positive communication skills when interacting with patients, families, medical staff and co-workers. Maintains a respectful and courteous attitude for the efficient delivery of care. Is friendly and courteous to all members of the health care team.
* Duty 8: Insures understanding by using customer’s name and smiling when communication to promote patient satisfaction. Is timely in response to customer’s needs. Implements BVHA scripting to promote a culture of Service Excellence.
* Graduate of an AMA approved school of Radiologic Technology
* Registered by the American Registry of Radiologic Technologists (ARRT)
* Licensed by the state of Ohio as Radiologic Technologist (ODH)
* Formal Training in school, or 5 years’ experience and 1 year experience in Mammography before January 1, 1991
* Positive service-oriented interpersonal and communication skills required.
* Individual must be able to demonstrate the knowledge and skills necessary to provide care appropriate to the age of the patient served on his/her assigned unit/department. The individual must demonstrate knowledge of the principles of growth and development over the life span and possess the ability to assess data reflective of the patient status. Must be able to interpret the appropriate information needed to identify each patient’s requirements relative to their age-specific needs and to provide the care needed as described in the area’s policies and procedures
* Experience Preferred.
This position requires a full range of body motion with intermittent walking, lifting, bending, climbing, squatting, kneeling, twisting, sitting and standing. The associate must be able to lift 50 pounds or more to assist with direct patient care. The associate must have corrected vision and hearing in the normal range. Individual must have excellent eye-hand coordination, finger dexterity to operate equipment, push and pull patients while providing treatment, and reach work above the shoulders. Associates must have excellent verbal skills to communicate with patients, physicians, and co-workers.
This position is classified “at risk” for possible occupational exposure to blood borne pathogens (HBV, HCV, HIV, etc.).
View Job at OMJ
0 total views
We are proud to offer priority of services to U.S. Military Veterans and eligible spouses.
OhioMeansJobs and Economic Development Partner Develop Resources to Help Employers Find Skilled Workers
OhioMeansJobs Hancock is partnering with Findlay-Hancock County Economic Development to help employers find skilled workers for their job openings.
OhioMeansJobs- Hancock offers several free business development resources designed to help