Manager in Training
Manager in Training in Bettsville The Manager in Training will train for a period of 3 months to become a future Store Manager...
Job Views ( 37 )
Bettsville, OhioOther County
Manager in Training in Bettsville
The Manager in Training will train for a period of 3 months to become a future Store Manager who will be responsible for all store operations and ensures efficient and profitable execution of Friendship Food Stores programs, policies and expectations through his/her store team. The Store Manager (MIT) creates an environment that delivers an outstanding customer experience in a clean, friendly and safe manner. The Store Manager (MIT) will attract clientele and move merchandise by ensuring that their store offers products and services that satisfy the needs and desires of their customers. The Store Manager (MIT) plays a key role in these primary business areas: 1.) Merchandising and promotion of sale items, 2.) Financial Analysis including controlling site cash and inventory, adhering to store budget and labor hour guidelines, 3.) Store Operations, which includes but is not limited to receiving goods and hiring personnel. The Store Manager (MIT) manages up to 30 hourly employees.
Managers in Training report directly to and in tandem with the District Manager and the Training Manager.
- Maintain operation records, prepare daily reports and make daily trips to the bank for Store deposits. Work directly with the Store Auditor to resolve issues, update information and otherwise assure accuracy of daily reports. Assure that the Assistant Manager is trained in these functions during periods of Manager’s absence.
- Review shift reports completed by Sales Associates. Assure that all reports and funds reconcile and balance per company policy. Assure proper employee training in cash out/shift reporting procedures.
- Work with the District Managers to analyze sales, margins, expenses, inventory turns, inventory loss, payroll performance and take action as needed and as directed.
- Perform routine inventory counts for cigarettes, lottery tickets and other items as required per company policy
- Proactively manage inventory replenishment. Evaluate stock levels of all designated items, place orders and work with vendors for stock levels. Manage inventory per policies and turn standards established by management. Work with District Managers on Shippers, special promotions and other inventory management items as required. Assist independent inventory auditors in completion of routine store physical inventories.
- Assure consistent high level merchandising of store products and attractive presentation of store facilities. Assure that all product promotions are updated and presented via internal and external signage and POS display. Maintain vendor product signs and displays. Update exterior promotional signs, banners and other display/marketing materials. Maintain inventory, assure products are fronted, inventory “holes” are minimized and the store always looks adequately stocked.
- Review gas pricing for designated area competition three times per day, advise the Director of Retail of price changes and adjust retail prices as directed.
- Analyze business trends, develop and implement plans to maximize sales and meet or exceed goals and objectives. Promote sales and ensure sales team knowledge of promotions. Work with the District Managers to identify suggestive sell items and techniques. Train employees in suggestive selling programs. Revise and update suggestive sell programs as directed.
- Attract, hire and retain store employees. Routinely review new prospective employee applications on Job App system. Evaluate prospects and complete ratings as instructed. Interview prime candidates and make recommendations to DM’s for hire. Complete all required manager portions of job application process.
- Evaluate the store staffing schedule for the upcoming several weeks. Understand vacation schedules and other issues impacting employee availability. Develop weekly store staffing schedule, assuring store open hour coverage for prime sales hours and slow periods, focused on staffing to store staffing standards and minimizing overtime.
- Manage store employee performance and development through recruitment, retention, building their capabilities, driving continuous performance improvement, and administering discipline as needed. Assure consistent compliance of store personnel with all company policies and procedures. Perform routine employee performance reviews per company policy. Work with employees to document performance issues and by maintaining an ongoing training process. Assure that all such documentation is forwarded to Human Resources to maintain accurate and up to date employee files.
- Encourage, assist, and train employees to become a motivated sales force. Train and development management staff in all aspects of the business including customer service and suggestive selling.
- Comply with and enforce all safety, security, environmental regulations, emergency operation procedures, company policies, procedures and guidelines
- Regularly evaluate physical performance and appearance of all store and gas dispensing facilities. Set schedule with staff for routine cleaning, housekeeping and light maintenance. Identify repair and maintenance issues per personal observation, mystery shopper evaluation, and/or direction from District Managers. Work with service and repair personnel per work order system to schedule necessary repairs. Assure facility is always maintained in a clean, orderly and presentable manner, per company policy.
- Attend periodic store managers’ meeting with other managers, District Managers, the Director of Retail, VP Stores and other appropriate personnel. Meet regularly with the District Manager to review store issues, Mystery Shopper reports, store audits and set action plan to address issues identified. Provide upward feedback on performance of corporate programs and issues/ideas that arise in the field
- Project enthusiasm and excitement to build customer relationships and continue to grow base of regular customers
- Assist customers on inquiries and complaints. The store manager is a hands-on position and will involve serving customers, operating registers, selling products, stocking inventory, cleaning facilities, preparing food for deli operations and otherwise performing any and all store related functions that are required.
The effectiveness of the Store Manager position will be evaluated on the following criteria:
- The completion of an annual Employee Performance Review by the District Manager
- Sales performance of assigned store
- Margin performance of assigned store
- Labor/Payroll control of assigned store
- Maintenance of a high performing, motivated and efficient store staff
- Maintenance of a high level of customer service for the assigned store
- Expense control of assigned store
- Inventory accuracy and stocking levels/turns of assigned store
- Ratings of assigned store via Mystery Shopper and other independent store evaluation programs.
- Performance results of Store Audits of assigned store.
Skills and Competencies:
- Ability to develop and motivate a team of up to 30 employees, build relationships, and utilize skills of workforce most appropriately.
- Ability to merchandise and manage store operations effectively.
- Ability to provide excellent customer service.
- Ability to maintain a fair, consistent set of standards as they apply to work force.
- Ability to adjust priorities and manage time effectively in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to maintain records and documentation pertaining to work force.
- Ability to communicate in a clear, concise, understandable manner, and listen attentively, comprehend material, and provide instruction to all employees.
- Strong administrative, analytical and interpersonal skills
- High School Diploma or equivalent with minimum of two years experience in retailing, convenience or fast food industries. (management experience preferable)
- Basic computer/systems literacy (e.g., Back Office System, Word, e-mail)
- ServSafe food service certification may be required for certain locations
- Knowledge of financial management
- Ability to be on call 24 hours a day, seven days a week,
- Demonstrate leadership skills
- Ability to resolve employee conflicts or customer complaints as they arise
- Ability to communicate with associates, upper management and guests
Physical Demands and Environmental Condition Requirements
Occasional:Walking, driving, lifting and carrying up to 50 lbs., pushing and pulling, climbing, stooping, forward bending, squatting, reaching, use of hand and foot controls, exposure to hot and cold temperatures, weather, atmospheric conditions..
Frequent: Standing, sitting, use of hands, talking, hearing, seeing.
View Job at OMJ
37 total views
We are proud to offer priority of services to U.S. Military Veterans and eligible spouses.
OhioMeansJobs and Economic Development Partner Develop Resources to Help Employers Find Skilled Workers
OhioMeansJobs Hancock is partnering with Findlay-Hancock County Economic Development to help employers find skilled workers for their job openings.
OhioMeansJobs- Hancock offers several free business development resources designed to help