Manager of Falcon Media
Position Summary Manager of BG Falcon Media is responsible for advising and working with the student-centered media unit at BGSU that...
Job Views ( 8 )
Bowling Green, OhioWood County
Manager of BG Falcon Media is responsible for advising and working with the student-centered media unit at BGSU that provide opportunities for students to develop professional communication skills and gain practical/applied experience in the fields of print journalism and electronic media. The Manager will oversee assigned staff, is responsible for budget formulation, unit strategic planning, and overall advisement on best practices in journalism.
Essential Duties, Tasks and Responsibilities
- Advise all students within Falcon Media and help direct the different channels that make up Falcon Media. This could include story development, idea generation and assistance in execution of project. The Manager also oversees full-time staff, student employees, student interns, and volunteers.
- Provide strategic leadership to ensure delivery of high-quality programs and services associated with BG Falcon Media to meet the needs of the campus community, while providing a supportive and challenging learning environment for students affiliated with the various media outlets.
- Ensure financial sustainability. Develop annual operating and personnel budgets; set appropriate targets for revenue generation; monitor and seek avenues to reduce expenses.
- Enhance and sustain campus partnerships with faculty, Managers, and student organizations, among others.
- Represent the unit at university meetings and events and serve as liaison to organizations and communities external to BGSU.
- Develop and maintain connections with an alumni base of more than 2,000.
- Work to ensure all BGSU policies and procedures are followed regarding university funding, travel protocols, health and safety, fundraising, and event management. Other duties as assigned.
Full-time, Administrative staff position available. Administrative Grade Level 357. Salary is commensurate with education and experience. Full benefit package available.
Bowling Green State University provides a comprehensive benefit program as part of a total compensation package. This includes medical, prescription, dental, vision, health accounts (medical & dependent), life & disability insurance, retirement plans, employee assistance program and tuition fee waivers for employees and their eligible dependents as well as paid time off, holidays and parental leave. For more information please visit Benefits-at-a-Glance.pdf (bgsu.edu)
For a complete job description & to apply for this position visit https://bgsu.hiretouch.com/ or contact the Office of Human Resources at (419) 372-8421. BGSU. AA/EEO/Disabilities/Veterans. In compliance with the ADA Amendments Act (ADAAA), if you have a disability and would like to request an accommodation in order to apply for a position with Bowling Green State University, please call 419-372-8421.
Knowledge, Skills or Abilities
- Knowledge journalistic standards and practices
- Fiscal management – revenue/expense management
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Familiarity with other student media – photojournalism, television, and radio
- General knowledge of publishing software and new media technology
Bachelor’s degree in Journalism, Communications, Marketing, Business, Higher Education Administration or a related field. Degree must be conferred at the time of application.
The following experience is required:
- 3 years in Print Media, Digital Media, or News Publications
- 1-year Media Budget Management experience
- 1-year supervisory experience
View Job at OMJ
8 total views
We are proud to offer priority of services to U.S. Military Veterans and eligible spouses.
OhioMeansJobs and Economic Development Partner Develop Resources to Help Employers Find Skilled Workers
OhioMeansJobs Hancock is partnering with Findlay-Hancock County Economic Development to help employers find skilled workers for their job openings.
OhioMeansJobs- Hancock offers several free business development resources designed to help