Manufacturing Plant Manager
Job Description A mutually rewarding experience. Work. Realize your ambitions. And realize theres more to being in business...
Job Views ( 3 )
Belmore, OhioHancock County
A mutually rewarding experience.
Work. Realize your ambitions. And realize theres more to being in business than just making a profit. Thats the Mars philosophy. And the opportunity we offer every one of our Associates. An opportunity to take what you do and make it mean more for you, for those around you and for the planet. What you get here is challenging, interesting work. You get the tools you need to do a great job and you get to have the best possible people on your side to help you do it. And at the same time as getting to find ways to do business better today than we did it yesterday and driving a great career, you also get to build a more enlightened business and drive sustainability.
Because its never just about a single person, a single project or a single brand. Its about how you can grab everything thats within your reach here and use it to pursue mutual, long-term gain. Its about having ideas. And ideals. Being prepared to risk failure because the promise of success means well all be a little better off. Its that mix of integrity and ambition that makes Mars such a special place to work. And why working here is always about more than just a job.
About Mars, Incorporated
Mars is a family-owned business with more than a century of history making diverse products and offering services for people and the pets people love. With almost $35 billion in sales, the company is a global business that produces some of the worlds best-loved brands: M&Ms, SNICKERS, TWIX, MILKY WAY, DOVE, PEDIGREE, ROYAL CANIN, WHISKAS, EXTRA, ORBIT, 5, SKITTLES, UNCLE BENS, MARS DRINKS and COCOAVIA. Mars also provides veterinary health services that include BANFIELD Pet Hospitals, Blue Pearl, VCA and Pet Partners. Headquartered in McLean, VA, Mars operates in more than 80 countries. The Mars Five Principles Quality, Responsibility, Mutuality, Efficiency and Freedom inspire its more than 100,000 Associates to create value for all its partners and deliver growth they are proud of every day.
Position Title: Plant Manager
Location: Leipsic, OH
Segment: Mars Petcare
Purpose of Role
This business unit senior management team position is a senior manufacturing leadership role responsible for directing the overall operations of the Lepsic, OH dry petfood factory to ensure the efficient, effective, and safe manufacture of high quality Petcare products. With support of the site leadership team, the Plant Director will lead the development and implementation of the site strategy to support business requirements and to create a culture of engagement through open communication, inspiring leadership, and people development.
- Establish site goals and strategies, measure, control, take corrective action and report results as appropriate in all areas of responsibility.
- Drive continuous improvement activities to achieve World Class manufacturing excellence by leading and embedding a Lean culture and Mars Operating Systems
- Assure the timely and efficient production of high quality products to meet customer requirements while improving the value chain with respect to inventories and manufacturing frequencies.
- Assure and support food safety and product quality initiatives for the ongoing production of safe and defect free products consistent with the principles of Mars.
- Assure the appropriate systems and resources exist to protect all factory associates and safeguard the environment.
- Provide leadership to the cross function Bolton Supply Leadership team. Assist in their development and ensure the accountability of their function is met.
- Work with all managers to ensure that they are engaging their teams in the appropriate dialogue, action planning and follow through as relates to the Engagement of the site. Ongoing communication to the site concerning large engagement initiatives.
- Ensure appropriate communications exist to maintain a high level of engagement of associates for the implementation of the factory strategy while keeping all associates abreast of challenges and successes.
- Develop and maintain an atmosphere in which there is close identification of interest between associate and Company, high morale and optimum sense of security to release maximum work effort.
- Recommend and implement changes in methods, equipment, systems and organization, as needed, to assure that the objectives of the plant are achieved.
- Maintain plant, equipment, buildings and structures to a high standard and ensure the maximum availability and efficient use of all production equipment and services.
- Keep abreast of managerial and technical competencies both within and outside Mars incorporated implementing best practice in support of the continuous improvement of the Bolton factories
- Conduct all business in accordance with corporate ethics, statutory and regulatory requirements
- Every associate at Mars has responsibility for the achievement of quality and food safety. Responsibility in combination with Sr. Q&FS Manager to cascade Q&FS OGSM strategy.
Mars is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. If you need assistance or an accommodation during the application process because of a disability, it is available upon request. The company is pleased to provide such assistance, and no applicant will be penalized as a result of such a request.
Equal Opportunity Employer–minorities/females/veterans/individuals with disabilities/sexual orientation/gender identity
- Minimum 10 years senior manufacturing leadership experience, as preferred
- Minimum 5 years plus people mgmt. experience
- Must have project mgmt. skills
- Operational management principles and competencies
- Understanding of applicable laws (OHS, ESA, MOL)
- Lean business practices
- Supply chain and business systems expertise
- Strong knowledge of food safety, HACCP, ISO, food conversion processing
- BASc Eng, BASc Food Science, or BSc, MBA preferred
View Job at OMJ
3 total views
We are proud to offer priority of services to U.S. Military Veterans and eligible spouses.
OhioMeansJobs and Economic Development Partner Develop Resources to Help Employers Find Skilled Workers
OhioMeansJobs Hancock is partnering with Findlay-Hancock County Economic Development to help employers find skilled workers for their job openings.
OhioMeansJobs- Hancock offers several free business development resources designed to help