Position Summary The Marketing Strategist position requires an individual with the ability to assist campus partners in defining and...
Job Views ( 10 )
Bowling Green, OhioWood County
The Marketing Strategist position requires an individual with the ability to assist campus partners in defining and achieving objectives and outcomes that reinforce the University’s Focus on the Future strategic plan, both internally and externally.
- Interfacing with campus partners to clearly understand their objectives and outcomes, recommending appropriate tactics within the budget allotted, and managing the project through completion.
- Under the supervision of the Director of Marketing Strategy, directing the production of print, electronic, video and web-based communications to support assigned project requests in conjunction with individuals and offices throughout campus. This includes copywriting and collaborating on creative concepts.
- Maintaining overall consistency in marketing messages with a focus on aligning campus partner goals with institutional goals.
Essential Duties, Tasks and Responsibilities
- Act as liaison between the Office Marketing and Brand Strategy and assigned University colleges and departments for marketing and communications needs.
- Formulate tactics to help University clients achieve objectives and outcomes.
- Consult with and advise campus partners regarding project and program objectives and outcomes, and how this integrates with larger University goals and complements other programs.
- Work collaboratively with web developers, graphic designers, photographers, videographers, writers, social media team and advertising director.
- Recommend methods within the allotted budget to meet those needs while advancing the University’s mission.
- Implement the proposed methods.
- Direct projects while meeting multiple deadlines that result in client satisfaction, maintaining quality control and consistent standards, conveying clearly the University’s image.
- Create compelling marketing copy across multiple mediums that clearly communicates client and University objectives in a manner that appeals to defined audiences. This includes persuasive email copy and subject lines, clear and concise website copy, and messages for digital screens, social media and other platforms across campus. Evaluate copy against University and Associated Press standards and ensure copy this is free of grammar and style errors.
- Assist in planning and coordinating special events and other public events on and off campus, both in-person and virtual. Collaborate with event team on event format and messaging; work with creative team and outreach team within Marketing and Brand Strategy to brand and promote the event through internal and external channels
Full-time, Administrative staff position available. Administrative Grade Level 355. Salary is commensurate with education and experience. Full benefit package available.
Deadline to apply: The search committee will review applications until the position is filled; however, for best consideration, applications should be provided by November 22, 2022.
Bowling Green State University provides a comprehensive benefit program as part of a total compensation package. This includes medical, prescription, dental, vision, health accounts (medical & dependent), life & disability insurance, retirement plans, employee assistance program and tuition fee waivers for employees and their eligible dependents as well as paid time off, holidays and parental leave. For more information please visit Benefits-at-a-Glance.
For a complete job description & to apply for this position visit https://bgsu.hiretouch.com/ or contact the Office of Human Resources at (419) 372-8421. BGSU. AA/EEO/Disabilities/Veterans. In compliance with the ADA Amendments Act (ADAAA), if you have a disability and would like to request an accommodation in order to apply for a position with Bowling Green State University, please call 419-372-8421.
Why work at BGSU?
Full-time BGSU employees enjoy an array of exceptional benefits, including:
- Quality, affordable health insurance: Various coverage options available for health, vision and dental starting the first day of the month following your date of employment.
- Generous paid time off: Vacation, holidays, sick days and more.
- Excellent work life balance resources: Our Employee Assistance Program offers confidential support to employees and their eligible family members, along with ancillary programs covering identity theft, elder care, legal services and more.
- Tuition fee waivers: For eligible employees, spouses and dependent children.
- Professional development opportunities: For skills training, supervisor and leadership programs, performance management, online courses and online tools for employee growth and development.
- Parental leave: Up to five weeks of paid parental leave for full-time employees with at least 12 months of continuous service.
- Retirement: BGSU offers several options for meeting your retirement goals with a current employer contribution of up to 14% depending on the retirement program selected. Read more about the option that best fits your needs.
Learn more about Bowling Green State University and how we aspire to be the preeminent public university that creates public good in Ohio, the nation and world.
Knowledge, Skills or Abilities
- Broad understanding of marketing and communications principles
- Familiarity and proven abilities with various media options including print production and electronic methods, particularly email marketing
- Strong copywriting skills with knowledge of AP style
- Collaborative work style
- Strong interpersonal and organizational skills
- Ability to meet timely and crucial deadlines
- Manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Must have initiative, creativity and decisiveness
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Skilled multitasker with excellent organizational skills
- Ability to collaborate as part of a team
- Ability to work with various constituency groups
- Ability to recommend appropriate marketing tactics for desires goals and outcomes
Bachelor’s degree in journalism, public relations, marketing, advertising or communications-related field. Successful candidate must have Bachelor’s degree conferred at the time of application.
The following experience is required:
- 3 or more years of marketing and project management experience, including experience building strategic marketing and/or communications plans
- 3 or more years of demonstrated writing experience across all communication channels, including websites, email marketing, social media and/or print marketing materials, with knowledge of AP style and proper grammar
View Job at OMJ
10 total views
We are proud to offer priority of services to U.S. Military Veterans and eligible spouses.
OhioMeansJobs and Economic Development Partner Develop Resources to Help Employers Find Skilled Workers
OhioMeansJobs Hancock is partnering with Findlay-Hancock County Economic Development to help employers find skilled workers for their job openings.
OhioMeansJobs- Hancock offers several free business development resources designed to help