Massage Therapist (FT, PT, PRN)
PURPOSE OF THIS POSITION The purpose of this position is to perform the highest quality of massage treatment services for clientele,...
Job Views ( 14 )
Findlay, OhioHancock County
PURPOSE OF THIS POSITION
The purpose of this position is to perform the highest quality of massage treatment services for clientele, according to established standard operating procedures.
Duty 1: Talk with clients about symptoms, medical history and desired results.
Duty 2: Develop and propose client treatment plans that specify which types of massage are to be used.
Duty 3: Provide clients with guidance on stretching, strengthening, overall relaxation.
Duty 4: Documents client’s condition and progress in Electrontic Medical Records (EMR)system.
Duty 5: Prepare and blend oils and apply the blends to clients’ skin.
Duty 6: Accompany clients to and from treatment rooms.
Duty 7: Assist in scheduling clients and answering phones.
Duty 8: Assist at front desk when needed.
Duty 9: Setting up massage work area and ensuring cleanliness and tidiness throughout your shift.
Duty 10: Attending and participating on Medical Spa events and meetings.
Duty 11: Provide 30to 50-minute massages for appointment holders and walk-ins at our location; Manipulate muscles or other soft tissues of the body.
Duty 12: Collect payment for office treatment and document in client’s chart.
Duty 13: Assist practice manager in maintaining inventory needed to perform your duties.
Duty 14: Work as a team player and assist coworkers as needed to meet weekly, monthly and annual goals.
* Certification from an accredited school with active State of Ohio Massage Therapist license.
* Proficient knowledge of reflexology, Swedish, lymphatic, prenatal, hot stone, trigger point, sports, and deep tissue massage.
* Comfortable performing massages on diverse clients.
* A valid driver’s license is required (if you do not have a valid Ohio driver’s license you must obtain one within 30 days of your residency in the state). You must also meet BVHS’s company fleet policy and insurance company requirements, and any other requirements that may be required to operate a vehicle.
* Positive service-oriented interpersonal and communication (written and verbal) skills required.
* Individual must be able to demonstrate the knowledge and skills necessary to provide care appropriate to the age of the patient served on his/her assigned unit/department. The individual must demonstrate knowledge of the principles of growth and development over the life span and possess the ability to assess data reflective of the patient status. Must be able to interpret the appropriate information needed to identify each patient’s requirements relative to their age-specific needs and to provide the care needed as described in the area’s policies and procedures.
* Experience working in a spa or therapy center preferred.
* Medical office experience preferred.
This position requires a full range of body motion with intermittent walking, lifting, bending, squatting, kneeling, twisting and standing. The associate will be required to walk for up to one hour a day, sit continuously for six hours a day and stand for one hour a day. The individual must be able to lift twenty to fifty pounds and reach work above the shoulders. The individual must have good eye-hand coordination and fine finger dexterity for simple grasping tasks. The individual must have excellent verbal communication skills to perform daily tasks.
View Job at OMJ
14 total views
We are proud to offer priority of services to U.S. Military Veterans and eligible spouses.
OhioMeansJobs and Economic Development Partner Develop Resources to Help Employers Find Skilled Workers
OhioMeansJobs Hancock is partnering with Findlay-Hancock County Economic Development to help employers find skilled workers for their job openings.
OhioMeansJobs- Hancock offers several free business development resources designed to help