Advanced Drainage Systems EEO Statement: Advanced Drainage Systems is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive...
Job Views ( 9 )
Findlay, OhioHancock County
Advanced Drainage Systems
Advanced Drainage Systems is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Job ID: 2021-9284
Type: Regular Full-Time
# of Openings: 2
Advanced Drainage Systems
Headquartered in Hilliard Ohio, Advanced Drainage Systems, Inc (ADS) is the leading manufacturer of high performance thermoplastic corrugated pipe, providing a comprehensive suite of water management products and drainage solutions. Our innovative products and superior drainage solutions are used across a broad range of end markets and applications, including residential, non-residential, agriculture and infrastructure applications. We have established a leading position in many of these end markets by leveraging our national sales and distribution platform, overall product breadth and scale, and our manufacturing excellence. Founded in 1966, we operate a global network of 3,700 employees, 63 manufacturing plants and 31 distribution centers. In July, 2014 we became a public company traded on the NYSE®. To enable our continued growth, we are looking to add top talent to our dynamic organization.
The Material Handler’s primary function is to maintain raw material for each line and ensuring that the proper machines and parts they need are operating correctly. Another responsibility of a Material Handler is moving and packaging palletized loads to the yard. . This position requires the flexibility to work 40+ hours per week and weekends as required. The Material Handler reports directly to the Shift Supervisor.
The responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to:
- Practice proper PPE compliance and maintain a safe working record and environment
- Fill out skid labels properly and place on the proper skids.
- Immediately communicate unsafe conditions, acts or injuries to the Plant Manager
- Practice proper forklift operation and preventive maintenance
- Provide excellent customer service; meet or exceed expectations daily
- Palletizing using the shrink wrap machine.
- Has the ability to operate mixer, loader and pump controls.
- Responsible for keeping all machinery loaded with the proper material
- Can perform routine maintenance on mixers, loaders and pumps.
- Knows all material recipes and the proper machines and parts they are used on.
- Has the ability to identify the many different types of materials.
- Understand and practice ADS CORE VALUES
This position should possess the following skills/knowledge:
- Must be a certified forklift operator
- Ability to work as a member of a team
- Team oriented
- Written and verbal skills
- Basic Mathematical skills
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- The employee will lift and move heavy items, which will require the ability to repeatedly lift 75 pounds to a height of 6 feet
- The employee will be working specified shifts and moving around at all times, which will require the ability to stand and be mobile for a minimum of 8 continuous hours
- Facilities can be extremely hot or cold at times, so the employee must have the ability to perform physical labor for extended periods of time in temperature extremes
- The employee will be handling materials daily, which requires the ability to use hands, arms and legs to physically handle and transport finished goods
- The Position requires full range of body motion on a daily basis including twisting, bending, reaching, squatting and ability to mount/dismount industrial equipment and vehicles
View Job at OMJ
9 total views
We are proud to offer priority of services to U.S. Military Veterans and eligible spouses.
OhioMeansJobs and Economic Development Partner Develop Resources to Help Employers Find Skilled Workers
OhioMeansJobs Hancock is partnering with Findlay-Hancock County Economic Development to help employers find skilled workers for their job openings.
OhioMeansJobs- Hancock offers several free business development resources designed to help