Material Planning & Control Manager
Triumph Group Location: Forest, Ohio, United States, 45843 Function: Other Triumph designs, engineers, manufactures, repairs and overhauls a broad portfolio of aviation and industrial...
Job Views ( 13 )
Forest, OhioOther County
Location: Forest, Ohio, United States, 45843
Triumph designs, engineers, manufactures, repairs and overhauls a broad portfolio of aviation and industrial components, accessories, subassemblies, and systems. We partner with original equipment manufacturers (OEMs) and operators of commercial, regional, business, and military aircraft worldwide, to provide products and services that solve their hardest problems. So, whatever the part, component or complexity of assembly, Triumph is committed to quality, service and meeting the specialized needs of each customer.
Triumph Thermal Systems is medium sized aerospace manufacturing company designing and building various heat exchangers for both civilian and military aircraft.
The Triumph Operating System, known as “TOS”, is a business management system that defines how we operate, and is designed to create a consistent methodology, a common language, and standard processes, all of which will enable the maximum value stream benefit and help ensure we exceed our customers’ expectations.
We are currently seeking a Material Planning and Control Manager for our Forest, Ohio Location.
- Responsible for providing site leadership to the Materials team. Strong management skills are required to lead, coach, mentor, and develop the team, ensuring site efficiency and collaboration.
- Responsible for the coordination of all manufacturing order creation to the shop through analysis of Sales Order requirements.
- Develop requirements and standards to ensure site goals and performance metrics are attained through a cohesive standard of work.
- Analyze inventory levels for purchased and manufactured goods. Monitors material inventories, tracks progress of production, and reviews factors which affect schedules.
- Utilize the MRP/ERP system to create and manage production schedules and material demand requirements to execute a controlled flow of materials to meet production requirements and customer delivery schedules.
- Tracks activity and delivery commitments through shop and with purchasing as necessary to expedite flow of materials to meet production schedules. Communicates schedule requirements internally and with purchasing (suppliers) and program managers (customers).
- Responsible for monitoring and reporting material shortages to procurement and the production floor. Request updated delivery dates for shortages through Procurement and Manufacturing when they impact ship dates to our customers.
- Tracks scheduling metrics and reports on them.
- Minimize inventory input while maintaining on-time customer delivery.
- Revises schedules when required due to changes, material shortages, backlogs, or other interruptions. Creates and maintains tracking systems for new and past due orders, communicates plans/needs to team members and assists in execution where needed.
- Interacts with Program Managers, Purchasing, Quality, Materials, Manufacturing, and Shipping to ensure deliveries are met.
- Works with the Program Manager and Manufacturing Engineers on any Bill of Material, routing, and interacts with accounting.
- Complies with all company policies and procedures, including safety requirements.
- Fosters positive relationship with internal and external customers.
- Other duties as assigned.
Triumph Group and all its divisions and subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employers. Triumph Group provides reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Era Veterans’ Readjustment Assistance Act of 1974 and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990. Applicants who need accommodation in the job application process should [email protected] request assistance. Include the title of the position and location in the subject line of your email so we may direct your email to the appropriate person. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to.
“An Equal Opportunity Employer – Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans” We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Pursuant to International Traffic Arms Regulations (ITAR) and the Export Administration Regulations (EAR), applicants for SELECT positions will be required to provide proof of U.S. Citizenship, U.S. Permanent Residence, or U.S. Immigration Status in order to meet the minimum qualifications for those select positions. All inquiries related to citizenship are asked solely to comply with ITAR and EAR export licensing requirements.
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c).
- Bachelor’s Degree in Operations, Business, Supply Chain or related field preferred or equivalent experience.
- At least 5 years’ experience working as a master scheduler in a manufacturing environment, aerospace preferred.
- At least 2-3 years of supervisory experience, preferred
- Strong leadership skills to overcome challenges and achieve results.
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills
- This position requires mathematical ability and excellent verbal and written communication skills. Work may require bending, sitting, and standing, lifting to 20-25 pounds.
- Strong skills with MS office and ERP systems required.
View Job at OMJ
13 total views
We are proud to offer priority of services to U.S. Military Veterans and eligible spouses.
OhioMeansJobs and Economic Development Partner Develop Resources to Help Employers Find Skilled Workers
OhioMeansJobs Hancock is partnering with Findlay-Hancock County Economic Development to help employers find skilled workers for their job openings.
OhioMeansJobs- Hancock offers several free business development resources designed to help