PURPOSE OF THIS POSITION The purpose of a Mechanic I is to perform a variety of duties in and around...
Job Views ( 8 )
Findlay, OhioHancock County
PURPOSE OF THIS POSITION
The purpose of a Mechanic I is to perform a variety of duties in and around the Health System facilities and properties to operate, maintain, and repair equipment and physical structures under the direction of the Supervisor of Facility Services or his designee.
* Duty 1: Performs plumbing duties as required: 1) Performs troubleshooting to diagnose potential problems and makes necessary repairs to sinks, faucets, toilets, flush valves, drinking fountains; and assist with pumps, couplings, seals, valves, piping, steam traps and related equipment. 2) Performs pipefitting such as cutting and threading, solder and brazing, use of manual threading machine and assorted gas torches. 3) Demonstrates initiative with keeping updated and informed on new systems and equipment.
* Duty 2: Assist with performing mechanical duties as required: 1) Repairs and maintains machinery and mechanical equipment. 2) Performs troubleshooting and repairs to machinery and mechanical equipment such as bearings, motors, pumps, seals, couplings and related equipment. 4) Performs preventative maintenance on schedule to prevent potential problems. 5) Understands the lay-out and distribution of mechanical systems such as air handlers, medical gases, pneumatic system, chillers, boilers, heating water, cooling water and minor refrigeration.
* Duty 3: Maintains communication systems as required: 1) Performs troubleshooting and repairs to nurse call systems. 2) Performs troubleshooting and repairs to televisions. 3) Performs troubleshooting and repairs to paging system.
* Duty 4: Assesses and maintains architectural structure of the hospital: 1) Performs repair to doors, door hardware, windows, ceiling, wall and floors as needed. 2) Performs inspections and repairs firewall penetrations as needed. 3) Assist with building construction and existing building renovations as needed.
* Duty 5: Ensures a safe and comfortable environment for patient, staff and visitors: 1) Demonstrates geographic knowledge and locations of system shut-offs throughout the hospital in the event of an emergency. 2) Changes faulty lights promptly to ensure a safe environment. 3) Arranges storage and retrieval of equipment and furniture. 4) Inspects emergency lighting. 5) Inspects plumbing and medical gas panels.
* Duty 6: Accepts and responds to emergencies, codes, fire, and disasters: 1) responds to all fire alarms as described in the department policy and procedure manual. 2) Responds promptly to assist in the event of an emergency.
* Duty 7: Performs related accountabilities responsibilities as required or directed: 1) Responds and volunteers when needed. 2) Accepts and assumes other staffs duties in their absence as needed. 3) Shows willingness to accept additional duties. 4) Utilizes available time effectively. 5) Maintains a stock par level of supplies in designated area to “speed up” the delivery of customer satisfaction.
* Duty 8: Performs refuse collection in accordance with regulatory agencies: 1) Completes certification for Department of Transportation regulations regarding regulated medical waste handling and disposal. 2) Performs refuse collection as directed. 3) Performs regulated medical waste collection, storage and transportation as directed. 4) Signs regulated medical waste manifest paperwork and returns to SRC office. 5) Maintains stock par level related to refuse collection. 6) Performs related grounds keeping duties, snow removal duties and other related duties as required.
* High school graduate or equivalent. (Education with vocational experience or field experience).
View Job at OMJ
8 total views
We are proud to offer priority of services to U.S. Military Veterans and eligible spouses.
OhioMeansJobs and Economic Development Partner Develop Resources to Help Employers Find Skilled Workers
OhioMeansJobs Hancock is partnering with Findlay-Hancock County Economic Development to help employers find skilled workers for their job openings.
OhioMeansJobs- Hancock offers several free business development resources designed to help