Mechatronics Engineering Coordinator
Position Summary Mechatronics is a multidisciplinary field that combines mechanical, electrical, and computer engineering with machining, robots, and information technology. The...
Job Views ( 13 )
Bowling Green, OhioWood County
Mechatronics is a multidisciplinary field that combines mechanical, electrical, and computer engineering with machining, robots, and information technology. The College Mechatronics Coordinator (CMC) manages and maintains the College of Technology, Architecture, and Applied Engineering (CTAAE) equipment for research and class laboratories related to electronics, computer engineering, robotics, manufacturing, architecture, and construction. Develops and oversees procedures for equipment usage, maintenances and updates equipment. The CMC keeps abreast of development in area of expertise related to manufacturing, robotics, and electronics, mechanical equipment. The CMC supports faculty and college for purchasing decisions for new equipment in the areas listed above.
Essential Duties, Tasks and Responsibilities
- Design collaborative robotics and electronics project setup for senior capstone course. Integrates various devices into systems. Manages teaching and research equipment. Develops and oversees compliance of procedures in the areas of safety and equipment usage, maintains records related to maintenance and equipment scheduling
- Develop equipment maintenance plan. Repairs, calibrates, tests, and performs preventive maintenance. Troubleshoots and resolves equipment problems. Primary equipment includes electronics, mechanical, manufacturing, robotics, construction, laser printers, laser or water cutters, etc.
- Support the design, construction or modification of equipment and equipment support structures. Works with external equipment contractors for maintenance of complex machinery such as CNC machines, manufacturing equipment, robotic systems, laser cutters, etc. Supports college and faculty when new equipment is being considered by conducting research into different options that may be available
- Design and Develops inventory management systems. Manages the supplies/consumables needed for the equipment/courses. Minimizes stockouts by setting safety stock levels, tracking available inventory, ordering and tracking of required supplies and equipment needed to maintain the laboratory in working order. Tracks waste. Ensures that equipment waste is properly disposed of. Purchases supplies and consumables for the equipment, and reconciles purchasing
- Develops and deploys order tracking and visualization system. Works with faculty to ensure all laboratory equipment needs are met prior to each semester, and throughout the semesters. Schedules and monitor the users of the facilities. Supports teaching and research labs with scientific investigations and experiments. May provide support on external research projects and be included in grant applications as support personnel, to including maintenance, and project tasks such as equipment or computer programming, and other
- Trains, supervises, and evaluates graduate students who work with faculty or the college that use the equipment. Creates manuals and procedures for equipment use. Trains any people who may use the equipment, including faculty, staff, or students
- Supports the University mission of recruitment through the Best Robotics Competition. Provides programming and assembly support to set up robot kits and training for students and teachers. Supports the creation of the robotic competition field. This task occurs each year across a 5-month period, with support
- Organizing and conducting tours and demonstrations for potential students and their parents. Participating in recruitment and retention programs such as AIMS, STEM, Women in Technology, Best Robotics Competition, etc.
- Other duties assigned by the supervisor, which can include facility planning and design, new layouts, and continuous improvement of laboratory setting.
Knowledge, Skills or Abilities
- Mechatronics, electronics, mechanical, robotics, manufacturing, safety
Full-time, Administrative staff position available. Administrative Grade Level 354. Salary is commensurate with education and experience. Full benefit package available.
Bowling Green State University provides a comprehensive benefit program as part of a total compensation package. This includes medical, prescription, dental, vision, health accounts (medical & dependent), life & disability insurance, retirement plans, employee assistance program and tuition fee waivers for employees and their eligible dependents as well as paid time off, holidays and parental leave. For more information please visit Benefits-at-a-Glance.pdf (bgsu.edu)
Deadline to apply: The search committee will review applications until the position is filled; however, for best consideration, applications should be provided by May 13, 2022.
For a complete job description & to apply for this position visit https://bgsu.hiretouch.com/ or contact the Office of Human Resources at (419) 372-8421. BGSU. AA/EEO/Disabilities/Veterans. In compliance with the ADA Amendments Act (ADAAA), if you have a disability and would like to request an accommodation in order to apply for a position with Bowling Green State University, please call 419-372-8421.
Bachelor’s degree required. Degree in electrical Engineering, Electrical engineering technology, Electronics Engineering, Electronics Engineering Technology, Mechatronics Engineering, Mechatronics Engineering Technology, Mechanical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering Technology, or related discipline required. Degree must be conferred at the time of application.
The following experience is required:
- 1 year in industry working in manufacturing, or with robots, or other electronic, electrical, mechanical, manufacturing systems and equipment.
View Job at OMJ
13 total views
We are proud to offer priority of services to U.S. Military Veterans and eligible spouses.
OhioMeansJobs and Economic Development Partner Develop Resources to Help Employers Find Skilled Workers
OhioMeansJobs Hancock is partnering with Findlay-Hancock County Economic Development to help employers find skilled workers for their job openings.
OhioMeansJobs- Hancock offers several free business development resources designed to help