Medical Assistant – Physicians Plus
PURPOSE OF THIS POSITION Under the supervision of the Physician/Provider, assist in minor office procedures, injections, phlebotomy, lab procedures, sterilization of...
Job Views ( 9 )
Findlay, OhioHancock County
PURPOSE OF THIS POSITION
Under the supervision of the Physician/Provider, assist in minor office procedures, injections, phlebotomy, lab procedures, sterilization of instruments and clerical duties.
Physicians Plus Urgent Care is a division of Blanchard Valley Health System, which provides a total continuum of care to more than 100,000 households in an eight-county area. The Blanchard Valley Health System mission is to provide “Caring for a lifetime”.
Duty 1: Plans and develops interactions with Physicians Plus for health related services appropriate to skill level and based on current industry standards to ensure exceptional patient care.
Duty 2: Is able to identify the unique physical and emotional needs of each patient.
Duty 3: Demonstrates knowledge of appropriate regulatory agencies and is compliant.
Duty 4: Collaborates with Physicians regarding patient condition, orders, treatment plan, and anticipated needs to ensure exceptional patient care.
Duty 6: Maintains appropriate educational experiences for skill level.
Duty 7: Responsible for anticipating the needs of the patient and Provider.
Duty 8: Responsible for rooming patients, taking vital signs and any laboratory testing within the scope of practice.
Duty 9: Assists the Provider with patient care as required.
Duty 10: Manages daily patient and Provider flow.
Duty 11: Knows, understands and follows directions as given by the Provider.
Duty 12: Displays Service Excellence as evidenced by practicing the mission, vision, and values of the organization to promote patient satisfaction.
Duty 13: Other duties as assigned.
* Ability to work a 12 hour shift; weekend and holiday rotation is required.
* Knowledge of office procedures and equipment.
* Experience with throat cultures, hemocues, hemoccults, glucometer, urinalysis, urine pregnancy testing.
* Typing and medical terminology experience required.
* Positive service-oriented interpersonal and communication skills required.
* Individual must be able to demonstrate the knowledge and skills necessary to provide care appropriate to the age of the patient served on his/her assigned unit/department. The individual must demonstrate knowledge of the principles of growth and development over the life span and possess the ability to assess data reflective of the patient status. Must be able to interpret the appropriate information needed to identify each patient’s requirements relative to their age-specific needs and to provide the care needed as described in the area’s policies and procedures.
* Medical Assistant Certification preferred.
* Previous Medical Assistant experience.
This position requires a full range of body motion with intermittent walking, lifting, bending, climbing, squatting, kneeling, twisting, sitting and standing. The associate will be required to walk for up to one hour a day, stand for five hours a day and sit two hours a day. The individual must be able to lift twenty pounds and reach work above the shoulders. The individual must have good eye-hand coordination and fine finger dexterity. The individual must have excellent verbal communication skills to perform daily tasks. The associate must have corrected vision and hearing in the normal range.
This position is classified “at risk” for possible occupational exposure to blood borne pathogens (HBV, HIV, etc.)
View Job at OMJ
9 total views
We are proud to offer priority of services to U.S. Military Veterans and eligible spouses.
OhioMeansJobs and Economic Development Partner Develop Resources to Help Employers Find Skilled Workers
OhioMeansJobs Hancock is partnering with Findlay-Hancock County Economic Development to help employers find skilled workers for their job openings.
OhioMeansJobs- Hancock offers several free business development resources designed to help