MEDICAL ASSISTANT ($500 Sign On Bonus) Full-Time (Mon-Fri : 3- 12 hour shifts) Health Partners of Western Ohio is searching for an energetic, committed,...
Job Views ( 67 )
Tiffin, OhioOther County
Full-Time (Mon-Fri : 3- 12 hour shifts)
Health Partners of Western Ohio is searching for an energetic, committed, mission-driven Medical Assistant for our Tiffin Community Health Center. The MA assists the Medical Provider in the care and treatment of patients. To be successful within this role, candidates must have excellent communication skills, be mission-driven, and be willing to embrace the HPWO integrated model of care that utilizes a team-based approach in serving our patient population.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Embraces an active and healthy lifestyle including smoke-free living, stress reduction, exercise, work/life balance and healthy dietary choices.
- Participates in and promotes health and wellness activities within the organization.
- Supports a patient-centered healthcare home where the patient-provider relationship is encouraged, with an emphasis on coordination of care and the establishment of a long-term healing relationship.
- Supports open patient access to and coordination of care that is supported by information technology.
- Promotes effective and appropriate use of integrated health services at HPWO as part of a “Patient Centered Medical Home” (PCMH) model of care.
- Assists with direct patient care procedures and related tasks; assists in obtaining patient histories, takes vital signs, prepares charts, and assists with medical examinations.
- Performs routine specialized procedures, such as HIV screenings, fluoride varnish application and sterile dressing changes under established protocols.
- Completes patient health screenings including hearing, vision, and all CLIA waived testing.
- Maintains stock of medical supplies as necessary.
- Educates and advises patients on specified medical issues within established parameters.
- Schedules and monitors patient appointments; may coordinate routine office activities and administrative functions in support of unit activities.
- Practices safety, environmental, and/or infection control methods.
- May recruit patients for studies and may participate in outreach clinical activities as required.
- Performs patient education and discharge instructions.
- Completes referrals and schedules tests for patients.
- Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
- Medical assistant or equivalent clinical training.
- At least 1 year of directly related experience preferred.
- Ability to perform standard clinical procedures according to established protocols.
- Ability to perform routine invasive procedures, such as HIV testing, in accordance with established clinical protocol.
- Knowledge of patient evaluation and triage procedures.
View Job at OMJ
67 total views
We are proud to offer priority of services to U.S. Military Veterans and eligible spouses.
OhioMeansJobs and Economic Development Partner Develop Resources to Help Employers Find Skilled Workers
OhioMeansJobs Hancock is partnering with Findlay-Hancock County Economic Development to help employers find skilled workers for their job openings.
OhioMeansJobs- Hancock offers several free business development resources designed to help