Metallurgist – Heat Treat Process Engineer
Provide technical guidance to all metallurgical personnel as well as personnel in manufacturing, sales, quality, and engineering areas within the...
Job Views ( 7 )
Fostoria, OhioOther County
- Provide technical guidance to all metallurgical personnel as well as personnel in manufacturing, sales, quality, and engineering areas within the Company.
- Support the development of heat treat processes on new and current production parts including carburize, quench, temper, straighten, cryogenically freeze, induction heat treatment and nitride of crankshafts and camshafts for the automotive and aircraft industries.
- Evaluate work load on furnaces and plan an optimal schedule that keeps all production lines running.
- Track heat treat equipment maintenance needs to avoid costly equipment down time.
- Train quality technicians with using acid etch inspection on production parts.
- Develop and promote safety, 5S and good work habits.
- Provide timely and accurate feedback and information to organization and customers.
- Maintain/Improve supplier/vendor quality (material reviews, audits, corrective actions and continuous improvements).
- Act as a liaison and communicator on metallurgical related subjects.
- Evaluate heat treat process from sample parts and coupons and write technical reports from the results.
- Write technical reports on engine component failure analysis.
- Associate or Bachelor degree from a college or university in Metallurgical or Mechanical Engineering or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Must be familiar with metallurgical laboratory activities and heat treat.
Callies Performance Products offers a competitive benefits package. Wages are commensurate with skills and experience.
View Job at OMJ
7 total views
We are proud to offer priority of services to U.S. Military Veterans and eligible spouses.
OhioMeansJobs and Economic Development Partner Develop Resources to Help Employers Find Skilled Workers
OhioMeansJobs Hancock is partnering with Findlay-Hancock County Economic Development to help employers find skilled workers for their job openings.
OhioMeansJobs- Hancock offers several free business development resources designed to help