Mission Controls Operator
SSI Schaefer Systems International An Equal Opportunity Employer – EEO/AA/m/f/vets/disabled SCHAEFER is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to...
Job Views ( 36 )
Findlay, OhioHancock County
SSI Schaefer Systems International
An Equal Opportunity Employer – EEO/AA/m/f/vets/disabled
SCHAEFER is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
Posted Date 2021-09-09
Category Information Technology
The Mission Control Operator closely monitors and provides thorough analysis, documentation, and fault reporting of an automated material handling software systems and equipment in warehouses and distribution centers using an array of technical tools to perform complex troubleshooting, problem solving and an open channel of communication.
- Identifies and resolves issues with Warehouse Management Systems (WMS) and Material Flow Systems (MFS).
- Identifies issues that are mechanical or logical in nature and escalates to the appropriate team for resolution.
- Helps train internal and external customers to increase system knowledge, resolve issues and prevent issues from recurring.
- Helps create documentation and training materials for system users and system service & maintenance.
- Designs, generates, and maintains reports detailing the daily operations of the systems.
- Provide analysis regarding various system parameters in order to increase throughput; system availability; and decrease overall cycle time.
- Effectively communicates with customers in high-impact scenarios.
- Works shift as part of rotation for 24/7 coverage.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform Essential Functions.
- Reporting/calling out equipment faults and passing along information to the correct department (ie, IT/Mechatronics/PLC)
Supervisory Responsibilities: This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
- Participates in internal meetings.
- Assists Software Support Engineers with problem solving resolution.
- Monitors automated systems and respond to problems before production is affected. This entails the observation of key metrics and system faults throughout the shift.
- Analyze the performance of the system and provide solutions for performance increase and/or cost reductions. Analyze the impact of exterior changes (customer base) or interior changes (adjustments to the components).
- System troubleshooting, including first response to issues, independent decision solving operational problems in a short time frame, help-desk ticket management, issue analysis and implementation of solution.
- Works as part of international team to ensure maximum system uptime and performance.
- 2-year degree in Computer Science or Engineering or equivalent combination of education and experience in similar work.
- Ability to communicate effectively and appropriately in a professional setting
- High degree of multitasking is required
View Job at OMJ
36 total views
We are proud to offer priority of services to U.S. Military Veterans and eligible spouses.
OhioMeansJobs and Economic Development Partner Develop Resources to Help Employers Find Skilled Workers
OhioMeansJobs Hancock is partnering with Findlay-Hancock County Economic Development to help employers find skilled workers for their job openings.
OhioMeansJobs- Hancock offers several free business development resources designed to help