MRI Technologist (PRN)
PURPOSE OF THIS POSITION Provide diagnostic MRI studies officially and completely for the purpose of diagnosis and/or treatment of anatomic and...
Job Views ( 3 )
Findlay, OhioHancock County
PURPOSE OF THIS POSITION
Provide diagnostic MRI studies officially and completely for the purpose of diagnosis and/or treatment of anatomic and physiologic disorders under the direction and supervision of Radiologist while maintaining professional ethics.
* Duty 1: Selects proper technique and protocols pertaining to the MRI department, including paperwork, and demonstrates complete working knowledge of all hardware and software.
* Duty 2: Consistently able to multi-task, work in a timely manner and adjust to busy or stressful situation easily and calmly.
* Duty 3: Demonstrates knowledge of the department and management line of authority and follows proper lines of communication. Shows good problem solving skills and seeks guidance and direction as necessary.
* Duty 4: Regularly strives to educate themselves regarding new procedures equipment etc. within the MRI Department and shows willingness to learn new procedures.
* Duty 5: Coordinates with other departments, radiologist, and offices to enhance the imaging productivity, customer satisfaction, and referral pattern.
* Duty 6: Explains procedures to patient ensuring understanding comfort, safety and privacy as well as inquiring of patient, and /or representative, a thorough medical history, as it pertains to procedure being done.
* Duty 7: Adheres to all policies, procedures, rules and regulations as they pertain to the department and/or regulatory agencies.
* Graduate of an accredited educational program in either Radiologic Technology, Nuclear Medicine, Magnetic Resonance Imaging or Radiation Therapy.
* Registered in one of the following areas: Radiologic Technology (ARRT), Nuclear Medicine (CNMT) Magnetic Resonance Imaging (ARRT or ARMRIT) or Radiation Therapy (ARRT).
* Following a registration in Radiologic Technology, Nuclear Medicine, or Radiation Therapy, the associate must then pass an advanced level examination in MRI given by one of two nationally recognized organizations. Currently, the American Registry of Radiologic Technologist (ARRT), and the American Registry of MRI Technologist (ARMRIT) are the two accrediting bodies that offer the advanced level exam at this time.
* New graduates will be given two years following their date of hire to fulfill the MRI Registry requirements for employment.
* All other candidates, and/or current associates working in the MRI Department must fulfill the MRI Registry requirements within 24 months of hire, or upon written notice of the MRI job requirement changes.
* On-call duties require the associate to arrive at the facility within 30 minutes after being contacted by hospital personnel.
* Positive service-oriented interpersonal and communication skills required.
* Individual must be able to demonstrate the knowledge and skills necessary to provide care appropriate to the age of the patient served on his/her assigned unit/department. The individual must demonstrate knowledge of the principles of growth and development over the life span and possess the ability to assess data reflective of the patient status. Must be able to interpret the appropriate information needed to identify each patient’s requirements relative to their age-specific needs and to provide the care needed as described in the area’s policies and procedures
* 12-18 Month MRI experience preferred
View Job at OMJ
3 total views
We are proud to offer priority of services to U.S. Military Veterans and eligible spouses.
OhioMeansJobs and Economic Development Partner Develop Resources to Help Employers Find Skilled Workers
OhioMeansJobs Hancock is partnering with Findlay-Hancock County Economic Development to help employers find skilled workers for their job openings.
OhioMeansJobs- Hancock offers several free business development resources designed to help